Note from an old 'new guy'

This is a discussion on Note from an old 'new guy' within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Grew up when everyone had guns and no one had a problem with it. In high school, the few kids that drove had guns in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Note from an old 'new guy'

Note from an old 'new guy'

Grew up when everyone had guns and no one had a problem with it. In high school, the few kids that drove had guns in the trunks of their cars in the parking lot, and in college we kept guns in our dorm rooms.
    Itís a different world now, especially after the last election, with more of the loonies running the asylum then ever before!
    Iíve owned and shot a wide variety of revolvers and autos. My favorites were a set: a Gold Cup, a Commander, and an Ace, all mid 70ís. They were VERY modified and would compare well with even the best of the best high-end guns of today. Sadly, too many kids and too many bills force me to sell all but my long guns, which were my food-getters.
    Now I can afford to get into handguns again. I am buying a Ruger P345. Iíve done my research and handled everything in my price range. Whether you agree with this choice or not, this is the correct pistol in the correct caliber for me at this time.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Welcome from Texas!!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Welcome

VIP Member
    Welcome.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Welcome from West Tennessee!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Welcome!! Good for you. G27 here. Sounds like you have been around for awhile.
    Me too. 70+ here and yes things have changed since the 50's for me also.Things we used to do are prohibited in todays enviroment. But so has the attitude/ thinking of the younger generation.Plus you have the migrants with the drug use/sell problem and the gangs. Never heard of them back 50 years ago.
    Oregon has a bill up now wanting to fine/lock up all gun owners who DO NOT lock up their guns in a safe. Your subject to prosecution if some breaks into your house and steals the guns. In other words if you reported the breakin and loss you'd subject to being locked up and fined
    Hang on to your hat as it's going to get worse. Be careful.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Welcome from Oregon.

Beees... your kidding me! I didn't know that was up. Can you pm me the info on that. I have some calls and letters to write. I am a 7th generation Oregonian with 8th generation children. I have seen a few things here in Oregon that have almost made me want to move, but if the anti-gunners are going to start going the way of California then I think it is time to move.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome from NC!
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Cool Welcome from southern Louisiana

Mag44Laf
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Welcome! from Virginia
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Thanks for the welcomes. Situation here in NC is not as crazy as elsewhere, but bad enough. Without a CCW, I can’t carry my unloaded hunting shotgun in the cab of my pickup unless it is clearly visible (to thieves), so I’ll get a CCW. Used to be where I lived, it was legal for ‘open carry’ everywhere I went, and if the gun was covered by a loose shirt or jacket it was just ‘protecting it from the elements’.
    For home defense though, once the dogs are done chewing, I’ll just put the remains out for the crows and add the perp’s weapons to my collection. If they are still in pain, a mercy dose of 00 may be given first.
    I have only very rare need for carry in my home area, but have and will always be prepared when traveling. If it was not legal, I would do it anyway, and will state here and now that if I have to go into a state which does not honor an NC permit, I’m going to be armed anyway! Those are the places where I am most likely to need it! My ‘life and liberty’ trump the ‘happiness’ of criminals and liberal anti-Americans who call themselves ‘politicians’ every time.

Welcome -
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Welcome from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

VIP Member
    Welcome!...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links