Obligatory intro

This is a discussion on Obligatory intro within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Just found this forum after being directed here by my friend, Tom Givens and wanted to introduce myself. I consider myself to be a professional ...

Thread: Obligatory intro

Obligatory intro

Just found this forum after being directed here by my friend, Tom Givens and wanted to introduce myself. I consider myself to be a professional student as a self-proclaimed training junkie. Over the years, I've been involved in various formal martial arts but currently tend to focus mostly on practical combatives (both unarmed & knife) skills. I'm also involved with the firearms side of the equation as both a student and instructor. In the past five years alone, I've attended +25 courses in an attempt to improve my skills and gather knowledge and I'm also certifed by the NRA (LEAD & civilian), FBI and several states as a tactics/firearms/CCW instructor. I tend to lurk more than post and can say that from what I've seen so far, I'm impressed and hope to learn more from this group. Please forgive the use of my real name as a user name but since I'm not a high speed super ninja with a real or perceived need for secrecy, I prefer to keep it simple and just be me.

2. Remove Ads

1952 - 2006
    Welcome David, I'm glad you found us.
    We shall look for your pearls of wisdom from all the training schools you have attended and that we are to poor to afford.
    Lurking is allowed as long as you occasionally say hello.
    Please feel welcome here>
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Administrator

Welcome David!

Hi David

Voluntary Welcome to your Obligatory Introduction!:10368:
    You are the second great person to register here today.
    You're already a Welcome addition to the club/team!
    Your qualifications sound great & I'm positive that I can learn more than a few things from you.
    Please post comments or start up a thread as often as you like.
    Concerning the use of "forum names" ~ Your own name will work just fine.
    I've been hearing my own boring name all my life & it's just more fun than anything else to be somebody different for a while.
    I've been married for quite some time now so I was originally going to register here using the alias "Honey" ~ since that's the name I hear most often these days. AKA ~ "Honey...will you take out the trash?" ~ "Honey...will you get the shopping bags out of the car?" ~ "Honey...I think the dog REALLY needs to go out....now."
    I just thought "QKShooter" might work out a little bit better on a combat carry forum.
    Last edited by QKShooter; February 19th, 2005 at 12:07 AM. Reason: misspeilled worde
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

DC Founder
    Welcome to the forums, David, glad you're with us. And acparmed is correct, you are welcome to lurk if you would rather but you sound like someone we could all learn from. Please jump in whenever you feel like it. :welcom2:
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links