Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

From behind the lines in CA

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  tcdrennen 
#1 ·
Greetings from Da O. C., a small bastion of middling sanity in the PDR of Kalifornistan.

I'm one of those who thought the site had died after joining last December, glad I got the email noting recovery!

I get around a bit on THR, TFL, 1911Forum, calguns.net, etc. etc. and see a few familiar handles here. Looks like a good place to hang out.

Let's see: Life member NRA, GOA, CRPA, member GOC, Liberty Belles, SAS, AFA, JPFO; NRA Certified Instructor and RSO; IDPA, USPSA, some informal 2-gun and 3-gun matches. I've had some medical and consequent financial difficulties the last year or so and haven't been shooting as much as I'd like, but I'm Getting Better.

CCW permits from CA, NV, UT, FL (yes, CA permits can be had, at least in Orange County, but it's still at the sheriff's discretion and Mike Carona will not be seeking re-election so get 'em, shile they're hot! :cool:

I plan to check in a least daily, so look for me In A Thread Near You Soon! :image075:

#2 ·
tcdrennen

Glad that you found us again...Yep...This place got resurrected...we all saw this BEAUTIFUL bright white light at the end of a long tunnel & then we were back again!
Happy to hear that you are actually able to get legal to carry in Orange County. A miracle.
Hoping that you will check back here daily & continue to contribute some good threads & comments.
Nothing like a few whopping medical bills to eat into the ol' ammo funds! :eek:
I hope you're doing better these days. Stay Well.
Post your comments or open up a thread any time!

#6 ·
Welcome tcdrennen, glad see see yet another new face (err handle).

#7 ·
tcdrennen said:
CCW permits from CA, NV, UT, FL (yes, CA permits can be had, at least in Orange County, but it's still at the sheriff's discretion and Mike Carona will not be seeking re-election so get 'em, shile they're hot! :cool:
TCDRENNEN,
Is a CA permit obtained in NoCal (or a friendly county) good throughout the State (San Fran, L.A., etc)? Or, is it set up like New York? As I understand it, in New York, a permit obtained anywhere else in the state is not any good in New York City. I always sort of figured it was the same out in Califor-nye-A.
Gonzo

#8 ·
From what I gather a CA CFP is good for the entire state. But with SF trying to if they have not already passed the ordinace banning firearms, who knows what is going to happen.

BTW TC, welcome back.

~A

#9 ·
TheGreatGonzo said:
TCDRENNEN,
Is a CA permit obtained in NoCal (or a friendly county) good throughout the State (San Fran, L.A., etc)? Or, is it set up like New York? As I understand it, in New York, a permit obtained anywhere else in the state is not any good in New York City. I always sort of figured it was the same out in Califor-nye-A.
Gonzo
Gonzo-

The CA CCW is valid throughout the state, period. There is a state provision for a non-resident business owner in a jurisdiction to be issued a 90 day CCW good only in the issuing county, but AFAIK none have ever been issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.