Greetings from NW Fla.

This is a discussion on Greetings from NW Fla. within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Howdy folks, Was using Google to find something and came accross this site. Looked around the site and forgot what I had origionally been looking ...

Thread: Greetings from NW Fla.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar

Greetings from NW Fla.

Howdy folks, Was using Google to find something and came accross this site. Looked around the site and forgot what I had origionally been looking for. (Musta had a touch of CRS) This is right up my ally. I am an avid supporter of the 2nd amendment and CCW. I have had a license for CCW in ME,NH, and now in Fla. We are lucky here in that we (Fla.) have a reciprocity agreement with 28 other states. A Fla.CCW license is honored in almost every state in the deep south plus some in the far north. It seems almost too good to be true. We have to be getting real close to a National level type CCW law. Hope so,it's 'bout time. I normally carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II. 3" bbl and it weights only 25 oz. I carried a full size 1911 for allot of years and one day I suddenly found myself making excuses not to put on my weapon. It was too heavy,too bluky,bla,bla,bla. I was makeing BS type of excuses not to carry. So I finally went to a smaller,lighter weapon and I'm back to carrying everywhere I go. Don't let this sneak up on you like it did me.---

2. Remove Ads

1952 - 2006
    Welcome RSSZ, glad to have you here.

I have never stopped carrying sometimes it's a full size 1911 but most of the time I carry my Kimber CDP Compact.

We will look forward to your thoughts and posts.

Once again, welcome aboard.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

anywhere near Bonifay?

Dan

Administrator

Thumbs up RSSZ ~ You Wandered Down The Right Alley!

You found us in a Google search? The "spirits of the web" must have guided you here.
    That was a good accomplishment in itself! We're very glad that you found us and you'll be quite glad that you discovered this site.
    By The Way...I have been into "smaller & lighter" these days too.
    I honestly actually sort of miss that extra burden of an "all steel" full size or Combat Commander Colt though.
    That comforting extra pound of dead weight.
    Please make yourself feel very welcome here.
    I/We love hearing from new people ~ so...anything interesting that you want to post...go right on ahead & open up a thread.
    Go right ahead...
    and open a thread...Hey, I'm a poet and don't even know it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

DC Founder
    Welcome to the forum, RSSZ, we're glad to have you. And another 1911 carrier, to boot. There are many here, myself included. I am also encouraged that Google poking around all over the website is starting to actually having us show up in searches.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Gentlemen, Just for the record I am very strickly a 1911,single action,single stack,Cond.1 ONLY,sort of guy. To each their own(as long as it's safe enough not to endanger me). For me,the above is the ONLY way. This is just one respectful opinion.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Gentlemen, Just for the record I am very strickly a 1911,single action,single stack,Cond.1 ONLY,sort of guy. To each their own(as long as it's safe enough not to endanger me). For me,the above is the ONLY way. This is just one respectful opinion.
    You and me both, RSSZ. You will find quite a few people dedicated to the 1911 here.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

RSSZ-
    I currently reside in the state of Misery (Missouri) but the state will recognize a CCW issued by any other state, and while the antis were challenging our recent CCW in the courts I applied for a non-resident Florida permit. I had it in hand before our Supreme Court ruled CCW was constitutional. I do love the fact that the issuing authority on my permit is Charles Bronson, that in it's self was worth the $117. Since the Florida is honored by more states than the Missouri I haven’t bothered getting the permit here, plus my CCW status is not listed in the state’s data bases.

Links