This is a discussion on Hello from Boise Idaho within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; I was looking on the web for reviews of good CC holsters and I found this web sight. Looks like good information here. I moved ...
I was looking on the web for reviews of good CC holsters and I found this web sight. Looks like good information here.
I moved to the area from Santa Cruz Kalifornia about 4 years ago. I have always enjoyed the shooting sports my entire life. Can't say I grew up in a very "firearm friendly" town (SC). It is full of gun grabbers just like the whole state.
When I first got here to Idaho I was so excited to get a CCP. I have had it for a couple of years now and have only carried a couple of times. I thought I would have carried much more then I have.
I have a glock 19. I am trying to find a comfortable holster for it that is easlily concealable and quick to draw from.
The process for which I got the permit was pretty easy. I have been a Juvenile Corrections Officer for 4 years. My POST Academy certificate is all I needed even though we didn't touch any firearms in training. This made it so I didn't have to pay for and take a class to get the permit.
I feel I want to take the class now though so I can understand things like the following:
1. If I shoot somebody that is threating my life, my families lives or some one elses life and they die how does the process go and how should I deal with it.
2. What are the right things to do and say?
3. When is it legal to shoot somebody. I mean exaclty what has to happen. As in when I am sitting in the court room and juors hear my testimony they say to themselves "I agree with that, he did the right thing."
4. Do I need to exspect I am going to have to pay for an attorney or is it likely I could get one "Pro Bonno" in this situation. Like progun attorney if they believe I was in the right?
stuff like this. I just need to drop the $75 bucks and take the class.
Anybody else from Idaho here, boise in particular.
Thanks you guys for the great information.
Welcome from Northwest Florida!
Welcome to the forum!...
"I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York
"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper
from Central Florida!
1. Protect 'me and mine' only...OMO
2. Keep your mouth closed...ask for your attorney...Only say, "I feared for my life, and I shot to stop the threat. I will be glad to answer all your questions as soon as my attorney is present." Say no more or no less!...OMO
3. When you fear for your life (and can't walk/run away)...and you better be fearing for your life...OMO
4. Free attorney...I doubt it...unless he is your brother, then he will probably only charge you 1.5 timees what it is worth...OMO $75 class? Might be the cheapest way to get good 'local' info you can really use...OMO
Other opinions may vary...
Stay armed...stay safe!
Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”
Certified Glock Armorer
NRA Life Member
Howdy from San Antonio, Texas. I was stationed up at Mountain Home AFB in the mid-80s. loved it up there! It is truly God's country. I am sure Boise has changed a lot since I left (I hear y'all finally got a mall!), I hope only for the better. If I could convince my wife to move someplace where it snowed (not likely), Boise would be high on the list.
"Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.
Welcome to the forum.
Many of your questions have been debated/discussed in various threads here. A quick search should net you many opinions and thoughts on the subject.
The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD
Welcome from West Tennessee!
Welcome to the forum.
USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947
Welcome from the Central Valley of California
George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."
Welcome from North Alabama.
"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson
Nemo Me Impune Lacesset