Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Signing In From Indiana

968 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  acparmed 
#1 ·
Greetings everyone. I am a new member from Indiana and happy to learn from you folks that have actively been participating in our right to bear arms. Perhaps some of you have been subjected to the process of having to "justify" why you want to own, much less carry, a firearm. Is anyone else getting this treatment from family or friends?

I look forward to sharing and learning from this forum.

#2 ·
Welcome aboard! I'm a relocated Hoosier, myself.

I was questioned a few times when I started carrying (hint: the fewer people that know, the less questions you have to answer). You'll find lots of good responses here, like "I learned CPR to help until the EMT's arrive. I carry to help until the Police arrive."

Stay safe.

SSKC

#3 ·
Hi Whipfinish

GREETINGS! Right Back To You!
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for registering!
You Said:
"Perhaps some of you have been subjected to the process of having to "justify" why you want to own, much less carry, a firearm. Is anyone else getting this treatment from family or friends?"

You also said:
"I look forward to sharing and learning from this forum."

So....Here is Valuable Lesson Number One: :biggrin:
One of the great things about learning to carry properly concealed is that you don't ever need to "justify" what nobody knows that you have!
You can carry all the time and nobody ever needs to know about it but you.
Don't bring up the subject to your family or your friends anymore...go get your License To Carry & and a high quality holster & gun belt and then keep your own personal business to yourself.
Nobody ever needs to know except for your "new found" CombatCarry.com Forum Friends. :wink:

#4 ·
Another relocated Hoosier here. Welcome aboard!

You know, I try not to talk about it with my family members. If they ask directly whether I'm carrying, though, I always tell them the truth. It made my little brother uncomfortable last year, but what are you going to do?

#5 ·
Dang are all the Hoosiers leaving the state!!! I too still call Hoosierland home will get back there some day.....You a southern hill jack like me, or a northern flat lander :smilegrin

#6 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone. It sounds like most of you have carried for some time now. I was amused by my local police chief who looked flabbergasted when I told him that I wanted to file for a carry permit. He said " heck, this is a safe place, what do you want to do that for?"

For all you wandering Hoosiers, it's safe to come home, we now have a Republican Governor after 18 years of Democrat (idiotic) rule.

I look forward to learning more about your experiences.

Keep posting!

Best Regards,

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum Whipfinish, we just happen to have an entire thread dedicated to your question about friends and family asking about your carry preferences.

It has some interesting thoughts on it.

Once again a warm welcome to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.