Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello from Maine

1K views 34 replies 29 participants last post by  enigmaone 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I work for the Forest Service as a programmer on simulation models that help management determine the best way to care for the forests.

I have been around guns all my life and started shooting when I was very young. Recently got back into guns and hunting.

I recently purchased a kimber pro cdp II and just got my CCW license.

Thinking of getting some training but haven't decided where.
There is a place called tactical response that will be here in July. Maasad Ayoob's school is only 2 hours away. Really would like to go to Gunsite, but the cost is quite high.

My current gun collection:
Kimber pro CDP II .45
S&W 22
Walther PPK 22
22 rifle
.410 shotgun with custom stock made by my father.
Marlin 336 XLR .30-30
Remington Model 700 .270

Live in Maine grew up in Montana where I hope to get back to someday as
that is where my family resides.

See less See more
#3 ·
Howdy from PA

Wonder if you are anywhere near Kittery Trading post - if so watch out for Bob - Class3NH - he'll have your wallet in exchange for guns :wink: :18:

#11 ·
Welcome from Virginia. I'm a fellow Pro CDP II owner. It makes a great carry gun. Just gotta break it in. Wolf makes a after market spring (XP) that is specifically designed for the Kimber Pro. I replaced my factory spring and use Kimber's SS magazines for maximum performance. The factory mags have a tendency to put little dings just below the feed ramp. Many swear by the Wilson mags. I don't like the added 1/4" to the grip.

#17 ·
Welcome from MA!

Gunsite will be in OUR Backyard this year. Check out the schedule at www.neshooters.com Lots of nationally/internationally known traveling trainers are brought to the Greater Nashua NH area.

I've taken a number of these classes (Jim Crews, Gabe Suarez and Randy Cain) and will continue to do so as time and money allows for it.

Tell them I sent you! I'm friends with the folks that are sponsoring these trainers, but I have no business interest in their work.

#18 ·
Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

#19 ·
Thanks, I didn't know gunsite was having a class near here.
Will absolututely sign up, would prefer the 250 class but 150 will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.