New Guy

This is a discussion on New Guy within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I have CCW's for 3 states which means I can carry in a lot of states, just not mine. That's right, I live in the ...

Thread: New Guy

New Guy

I have CCW's for 3 states which means I can carry in a lot of states, just not mine. That's right, I live in the L.A. area of California. I've got a handgun safety instructors permit from the DOJ in California, and I'm a NRA certified rifle,pistol,shotgun and personal defense instructor as well as belonging to the National Association of Firearm Instructors. Guess I'll have to move.Chuck

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Welcome Sounds like you have your ''credentials'' for membership!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

1952 - 2006
    Welcome hunnting, hope you enjoy it here, we do. Post your thoughts on getting a Commiefornia CCW. I have to travel there on occasion and would like to be able to get one. I'm also an NRA Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor and a CCW holder for NV, UT, FL and NH. Do they issue for non-residents? If so how do you apply?

Once again welcome to the forum
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Welcome hope ya enjoy your time here

DC Founder
    Welcome to the forum, Chuck, glad to have ya!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Glad to be on board. Anyone thinking of a California ccw has to be a resident in one of the other county's, like Orange or San Diego. It takes a shrink exam, a background check, and of course the training that takes 2 days.The cost for all of this is of course on you, oh, and you have to show good cause for needing the permit. There is talk of changing this to make it easier to get a permit no matter where you live in the state. Problem is the only people talking about it are the folks who belong to the California Rifle and Pistol Association and the NRA like myself. Our liberal politicians are to busy creating new gun laws that can't be enforced or make the streets safer. But I guess they're not ment to, they're just to make it harder to own a gun much less carry one. If your law enforcement it's another story.

Administrator

Thumbs up hunnting

Hi Chuck
    You sound like our kinda guy!
    WELCOME!
    Hopefully, SOME DAY...We'll all be able to carry in all states.
    Oh well, I can dream...can't I?
    Thanks for taking the time to register & we will look forward to hearing your comments and opinions.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links