Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello All.

2K views 46 replies 47 participants last post by  semperfi.45 
#1 ·
I'll start with a little clarification so you don't think I'm some kind of Rambo/Dirty Harry wannabe.

My username is part acronym and part category. I participate in Cowboy Action Shooting and compete in a category called Gunfighter which is fun by the way as I shoot my 5 1/2" .45 SAA clones simultaneously usually alternating shots.

Anyway, I think I fired my first handgun, a .22 High Standard Longhorn Double Nine under close supervision when I was 8 at which time I was pretty free to roam the farm with a Red Ryder, grew up in a house with guns and knew where the key to the cabinet was since probably age 12.

I've got a couple Belgium Browning Deer Rifles in addition to my Cowboy Action guns and in the last couple years I got my CCW, was bit by the 1911 bug and have been into Dan Wesson 1911's. For CCW leather I have been fortunate enough to run across deals on nice used Milt Sparks: W6, Heritage and Exec Companion. And an Andrews MacDaniel II. That was all after I bought some inexpensive Galco, Ross and Bianchi pieces to see if I was an IWB or OWB kinda guy.

Since Carrying isn't always just guns I'd mention that I like knives too although I don't have anything real fancy. I co instructed some edged weapon defense courses for LEOs back in my serious Martial Arts days and I am pretty proud of my contributions to the side of The Good Fight.

I was linked to the forum by your very own moderator extraordinaire Bud White after I bought a donated HBE Leatherworks holster in a silent auction with proceeds going to Saint Judes Childrens Research Hospital. I am currently reading through the "rollercoaster" of a thread about Eric and weighing whether to order a matching belt and mag holder from him eventually. Funds will prohibit my doing so for a time but so far my communication with Eric has been nothing short of exemplary so I hope that all his trials are in the past so I can get a full rig together someday.

Anyway, it looks like there is alot of useful information ion your forum and I look forward to having a look around.

Robert

See less See more
#11 ·
Welcome home my Friend, you'll love it here.
From the Foothills of Western Colorado.

#12 ·
Welcome aboard!

As a CAS guy, perhaps you can chime in on the SxS shotgun (coach gun) thread that's running. Someone's interested in the various models out there. Though, I haven't been to any of the CAS shoots. If you can suggest more mfrs and where to look, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Jump right in, the water's fine. :urla9ub:

#13 ·
Welcome from Central California!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.