New to the Board - Page 3

New to the Board

This is a discussion on New to the Board within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome from Eastern Idaho...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to the Board

Welcome from Eastern Idaho
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Welcome -
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Hi and welcome from Fort Worth TX!
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

[QUOTE=DFRAMEPACKIN;659786] Living in the great gun state of NJ, CCL is non-existant. I've never had a problem flying to other states with my CCW piece.

Did I miss something? Are you allowed to own a gun in NJ but can not conceal it? Not a open carry state is it? So how does somebody fly out of a NJ airport with a firearm if NJ is hard to get a license ? Waht type of lic do you have? I understand that the CCW would cover you when you get to where you are going but how do get it to the airport?

NJ Laws

Hey Hitch King,

Not exactly a free state here in NJ. We basically have to apply for a NJ FID card. This allows us to purchase long guns only. Fingerprints, statepolice and FBI backgroung check, mental health background check, etc. If you want to purchase a handgun, you will need an individual permit for each gun. Go through NICS check at purchase.

As far as CCW, NJ is considered a May-Issue state. There are no CCW holders in the state of NJ unless you are an armored car driver. Even then, your permit is marked for during employment only. I've been collecting and shooting for over 25 years and I never met anyone in NJ who has a CCW. It does not exsist !

We are allowed to transport a firearm anywhere in the state as long as it is unloaded, packed away from the driver (trunk) and ammo is not accessible to the driver readily.

The airport procedure is like this. Go to terminal with gun in a locked hard case within the suitcase. Declare gun and receive tag. Go to back room in security and prove that firearm is unloaded. Suitcase gets checked and you're on your way. They don't even ask for ID. Go figure. The reason I posted is because it looks like Continental now requires a hard shell suitcase. By the way, my Florida CCW permit allows me to carry in 28 states, just not NJ.

NJ Laws

One more thing. If you get caught with a loaded weapon in your car, it's a felony. You are going to the big house for quite some time. You also lose your gun rights nationwide for the felony. After the kids are in college.... PA here we come. Maybe Florida

I thought it was diffcult to get any type of lic in NJ not just the impossible CCW. So if you work for a armed car company then they may apply to carry consealed? NY also mantory 1 year on firearm possession. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Enjoy your vacation headed to Florida on Wed for a week.

Welcome, from Southwest Ohio!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links