hi everybody

hi everybody

This is a discussion on hi everybody within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; well, since ive been here since sep. 27th i finally decided i should introduce myself. my name is russell, i live in Austin Texas and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hi everybody

hi everybody

well, since ive been here since sep. 27th i finally decided i should introduce myself. my name is russell, i live in Austin Texas and after jumping through hoops pulling files in austin downtown, getting registered documents, digital fingerprints, letters of reputation and recommendation i finally today got my plastic Texas chl in the mail, just 3 hours ago . i always felt sort of funny not having it and out of place on this forum until now.
    i wasn't sure i would get it as i was not a very law abiding or LEO liking person in my youth.i changed my mind and my ways about that about 15 yrs ago and decided to move into the light.i was also sick of being scummy.
    anyway i think all or most of you realize from most of my posts that i am one of you and more importantly i think as most of all of you do on responsibility and law abiding folks rights.
    i just want to say if anyone out there has not had a great unblemished past , but has led a good life for at least 10 or 15 years dont be afraid to try and get your CHL if you really want one. you will never know if you dont try.
    i sent a letter to the DPS thanking them for their help in working w/me to get my CHL they were great. i think everybody on this forum are really good people and i am proud to be associated with you all.
    other than that all i have left to say is God Bless Texas.
    sorry about the long post everybody and thanks for bearing w/me i needed to say it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Welcome, and thanks for the honesty. No one is without sin (some of us more than others!), but all of us are capable of change - you are proof positive. I was a bit of a wild-child as well, and now they let me carry a gun next to the President...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Glad you feel more at home here now! I don't think you should have felt out of place to start with, but if that's the case, we'll try to understand. Good luck with the carry and welcome to the club! Be safe!

Welcome from Pennsylvania.

Senior Moderator
    Welcome
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

VIP Member
    Welcome aboard.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Welcome from Arkansas.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Welcome from the Catskill Mountains of New York State!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post

Glad you feel more at home here now! I don't think you should have felt out of place to start with, but if that's the case, we'll try to understand. Good luck with the carry and welcome to the club! Be safe!
    i really wasnt so much feeling out of place in the forum but more of out of place with myself..if that makes any sense.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Make sense? Sure. Been there before.

Cool Welcome from southern Louisiana!

Mag44Laf
    Semper Fi

Assistant Administrator
    Pennsylvania greetings .......

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia, we all have our pasts, some just more eventful than others.

VIP Member
    Congrats!

Lead Moderator
    Better late than never..... Welcome!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links