Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finally resolved the Posting Problem

1K views 39 replies 40 participants last post by  falcon1 
#1 ·
I had registered last week as "gettingold" but was permanently in monitor mode and couldn't post. It turned out that the e-mail domain I'd used was in a black hole list.

So now I'm "GettingOld2".

I've been reading the boards. Learned some things.

A while back, I had an incident hiking with my wife. Long story short - we ended up back to back fending off two Dobermans and a Pittbull with our wooden staffs while they circled, snarled, snapped, and lunged for the 30 seconds it took for the owners to catch up and physically pull them off.

My wife still feels that "all's well that ends well", but I was rather disturbed by the potential for it to have turned out much worse.

Anyway, I've been looking into the ins and outs of a concealed carry. I actually have one now, but I've yet to purchase a weapon. The weapon I have in mind is one that I'm sure will generate comment:

Ruger SP 101 , 327 Magnum

Yes, the new one with the not yet available ammunition.

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome from NE Florida. :hand36:

#9 ·
I have had more need and opportunity for a weapon while outdoors, walking in my pasture, front yard and around my pond. Therefore I keep one with me when I'm out on my property or hunting/hiking. I was bitten in my own front yard (which is 400 feet from the nearest neighbor) by a dog when I broke up the fight with my dog. The next day I brought some rat shot into the fray when the same dog entered my yard again for a fight. I've killed 7 snakes around my pond, passed within 20 yards of a wild hog boar.

But the time I really wish I had been armed was when I was mugged in broad daylight in the Houston Zoo, of course I was only about 12 at the time.

Welcome from east texas

#10 ·
Welcome from Central California!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.