Defensive Carry banner

New Mississippi permit holder

1K views 36 replies 36 participants last post by  PatrioticRick 
#1 ·
Hi all. I've been a member here for about a month reading and gathering some very useful info. I just recieved my permit in the mail this weekend. I haven't carried anywhere yet (Mainly because of my job). I know that I'm not required to notify a LEO of my permit when stopped for a traffic violation but, since my D.L. number is the same as my Firearm Permit Number wouldn't he/she find out anyways? I would think a LEO would appreciate being told right off the bat. Now i could understand not saying if I wasn't carrying but if I was...? What do ya'll think?

#2 ·

In my state, notifying is pretty much S.O.P. DL and CHL go together.

#3 ·
Welcome from Georgia, I'm new here myself.

It's not required here to notify here in Georgia either, but is considered advised. A local state trooper who for years taught self-defense shooting and concealed carry classes, always advised his students to hand over the CCW along with DL and insurance, while keeping both hands on the steering wheel.

In the 10 years I've been licensed to carry, I've been pulled over once and been checked at several DUI roadblocks. I just always hand over my CCW and they always hand it right back and say "thanks." I don't announce that I'm carrying but wait for them to ask, and they never have.

#14 ·
Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

I haven't been stopped yet (knock on wood), but I intend to give my HCP with my driver license, then await further questions. YMMV. :smile:

#17 ·
Welcome from Southern Utah! :31:

Thanks for the warm welcome.

BTW i've picked up on some of the acronyms...BG=bad guy, EDC=Every day carry, BUG=back up gun....so what is YMMV? I haven't figured that one out yet.
Your Mileage May Vary in other words, you may not get the exact same results, or you may feel differently about what I said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.