G'Day

This is a discussion on G'Day within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome from MS...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: G'Day

Welcome from MS
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Welcome from Middle Tennessee!
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

VIP Member
    My Aussie brother in-law was here for two weeks. There is a huge cultural difference between there and here with regards to self defense. He told me that there, if someone enters your home you can't even punch them unless they attempt to punch you first. And guns in the home are of course not legal.

Home invasions are a big problem, he said, and was surprised that they are not a huge problem here. (where it is too dangerous to the crook to chance it)

He had an amazed look when I told him I kept loaded guns in the home, that when we went on our road trip I had a gun in my pocket the whole time--and was glad I did at one particular pit stop.

We went to a gun store, and then he wandered through Walmart, amazed at the fact that guns were for sale there. I couldn't take him to a range because of hearing issues he has, but he wanted to know how much a handgun weighed, and I let him hold mine.

Of course, they have come to the point they are at through democratic elections, parliamentary decisions, and representative democracy, so I guess they must overall be happy with the choices they have made. Different strokes, as they say. I told him to talk to his MP.

Welcome from the NYC area and as you know never take crap from Kiwi's. I travled to Austrailia and New Zealand for honeymoon and will tell anybody who will listen if you get a chance to go. GO!!!!!

Welcome from upstate South Carolina!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links