Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'Nother new member from Florida

1K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Bumper 
#1 ·
Well, this seems like the place to start. . .

A casual conversation at work left me making the statement, "If someone broke into my house, I'd be too embarrassed to shoot them with my wife's old Charter Arms 32 cal. revolver! I'd have to push past them into the kitchen and grab the 10 inch cheif's knife."

So, I've just bought a GLOCK 23 and am applying for a CCW.

Don't worry about the "madmike" handle, although I did come by it honestly, THAT was a loooong time ago. :image035:

mm

#7 ·
Well! Thanks for the "welcome aboard," guys.

I had to go back and find out why my "sig" didn't show up, that's fixed now.

The ship in a avitar is/was the USS Newport News, CA148. She was the last of the heavy cruisers, at least the true "gunship" variety. I was the gun captain of the center gun, turret 1, on her last WestPac cruise, 1972.

That was during my "full-time" service in the Navy. Later on, I did serve an additional couple of hitches in the Florida Army National Guard as a fireteam leader in the 2nd of the 124th Inf. (company A, out of Leesburgh.)

So, my background has a bit of variety to it.

I've lurked on this Forum quite a bit, as well as some others. From what I see, it certainly looks like a good place to be!

mm

#12 ·
Thanks again, you all sure know how to put out the Welcome mat!

Got to work tomorrow, but Wednesday I'm off and that's the day I can pick up the G23. I'll also get my app for the permit off, then find a range for some "fam-fire."

Yep, Wednesday is going to be a gooood day! :biggrin2:

mm

#14 ·
Hi Mike,
Glad to see another combat tupperware person.
I love my Glock.

#17 ·
Welcome to CC! It's a great place to read and learn a lot from great experienced folks! :wave:

Also new myself - CHL "Applied For". Still waiting (impatiently!) at the mailbox like a five year old waiting for the mail-in cereal trinket to show up. :icon_neutral: When it arrives: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.