Warning Part Deux

This is a discussion on Warning Part Deux within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I can accept everything except the vegetarian part. Dude, how can you NOT EAT BACON??? On second thought ... that just leaves more for me! ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warning Part Deux

I can accept everything except the vegetarian part. Dude, how can you NOT EAT BACON??? On second thought ... that just leaves more for me!

Oh, BTW ... I drive a '95 Toyota 4x4 - the little truck that was replaced by the Tacoma. I bet our wind up keys are interchangable. Still think you need a .45 in your arsenal though.
    Jack

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by CleaningAccident
    I have learned to live side by side with people like you. After all, this is America. I can accept your views as a "lifestyle choice". Even if you do drive a Miata. (Not that theres anything wrong with that...) Im just tired of digging them out of my tire tread.

However, I absolutely will not tolerate a vegetarian under any cicumstances!

HEY! Don't start on Miata drivers (well, actually you don't DRIVE them, you kinda WEAR them) because I have had three. And don't look down at me because I now drive a MINI.

Unless you are sitting next to me at a stoplight.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldPax
    Following on CleaningAccident's most declarative post (good one CleaningAccident). I was going to wait awhile before outing myself, but CleaningAccident so inspired me.

Greetings all,

I am what most of you probably hate. A middle-aged, semi-white collar, Howard Dean supporter (I voted for Kerry in the National), registered Democrat, bleeding heart, Miata driving (not a REMOVE SLUR though, not that there's anything wrong with that), Agnostic, Vegitarian, who believes that the Bill of Rights must be defended at all costs.

So what say you guys and gals. Does this board need a resident liberal to bash, or should I expect my account to be deleted very shortly.

Welcome! I'm open minded myself. Funny how things change. I was a liberal in college, a conservative for 25 years thereafter, and now I'm going liberal again. Strange. My brother-in-law was a flaming liberal (worked for Dingle as a staffer), but is now almost neo-con. Strange is as strange does. All flavors welcome. Makes the political and philosophical more interesting!

GR, I cant condone the Miata but there is nothing wrong with the MINI. My wife has one. Its a great girl car.
    <Rodney Dangerfield voice>
    But hey, it looks good on you though....

Just kidding man!!! I couldnt resist the setup.

Welcome aboard I consider myself to be a constitutionalist rather than a conservative.

Plus I guess I'm a vigilante by presidential decree.

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar

Wink Welcome WorldPax

Since it's still a fairly free speech Country(meaning the USA) I except you'r rights even if others may differ on some of you'r points.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Still think you need a .45 in your arsenal though.
    Jack
    I find .45's a bit slow. I like my bullets to get to my target sometime within the minute they are fired. Those EAA 10mm's are really calling out to me though, if you're saying I need a manly sort of caliber.

Pax
    Tulsa, OK

DC Founder
    I'm not much for the flame wars, but I do enjoy good debate.
    Like QK said, all are initially welcome, as long as they mind the rules. Your above comment does give me cause for concern and I would strongly suggest that you familiarize yourself with the forum rules linked below. This forum will not be used by anyone (of any political persuasion) to stir political debates.

Forum Rules

Now that that's out of the way, welcome to the forum!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Like QK said, all are initially welcome, as long as they mind the rules. Your above comment does give me cause for concern and I would strongly suggest that you familiarize yourself with the forum rules linked below. This forum will not be used by anyone (of any political persuasion) to stir political debates.

Forum Rules

Now that that's out of the way, welcome to the forum!

I will clarify my statement then. I do enjoy a good debate, about pretty much anything, not limited to politics, but I'm not here to stir things up or anything. I'm not a troll, I mod a couple other forums, one gun related, the other vehicle related. So if I have anything to say off-topic, it'll go in that forum (doesn't happen often).

Really, I'm not the preachy type, I'm here to talk guns and how we carry them.

Hope that takes care of any concerns anyone might have.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    << now confesses to a facination with british roadsters ( own two ) but still i am not shure just what a " latee" latei , screw it that fancy starbucks chit is LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    << now confesses to a facination with british roadsters ( own two ) but still i am not shure just what a " latee" latei , screw it that fancy starbucks chit is LOL
    Ahh, one of these days I will have a Bugeye Sprite to go with my 67 Datsun Roadster. Don't you just love the headlight switch on old Brittish roadsters, it's marked "off" and "dim".

Just say MO-KA to the pretty girl behind the Starbucks counter and she'll get you a chocolate coffee, yummm.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    << notes that all british roadsters were responsible for a new engineering term called " overneith" ie you have to get overneith a comonent to fix anything , and lets not even discuss wireing , this is a family rated forum afterall LOL
    I dont drink " guverment coffee " ie i want black folgers , and unadulterated by anything LOL

Talking Liberalism: A Pathological Fear of Self Reliance (JK)

Following on CleaningAccident's most declarative post (good one CleaningAccident). I was going to wait awhile before outing myself, but CleaningAccident so inspired me.

Greetings all,

I am what most of you probably hate. A middle-aged, semi-white collar, Howard Dean supporter (I voted for Kerry in the National), registered Democrat, bleeding heart, Miata driving (not a REMOVE SLUR though, not that there's anything wrong with that), Agnostic, Vegitarian, who believes that the Bill of Rights must be defended at all costs.

So what say you guys and gals. Does this board need a resident liberal to bash, or should I expect my account to be deleted very shortly.
    I certainly don't hate liberals. I've worked among them for seventeen years as a public school teacher in the fourth biggest public school district in the nation. For the last nine years, I've been working deep in the inner city as a high school teacher of American Government & Economics as well as psychology and sociology. My family is mostly liberal, except my wife and daughter and the nephew my sister foolishly allowed me to be a babysitter for when I was 13. He's now 35 and a hunter and holder of a CCW permit. His mom (my sis) thinks it's because he used to live in Texas. LOL. My wife drives the sporty 3 door Saturn and I drive a Kia minivan, mostly for the room it gives our Newfoundland dogs (2) but I'm saving for a LandRover LR-3
    or a Nissan Pathfinder 4x4. If I could afford H2 I'd go that route.

Look, here's the quickest way to get along here: STAY ON THE TOPIC OF CONCEALED CARRY and related threads. Stay OFF the subject of bashing folks who tend to support the 2nd Amendment (like our President and the Republican Party). There is a specific thread dedicated to the 2nd amendment. I would suggest that if you want to dicuss politics that's the place to be. OR you can trot over to http://www.democratunderground.com OR over to http://www.freerepublic.com
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

WorldPax,

Input, input, input! The more, the better.

I don't mind one bit when a person provides some details about themselves than weren't asked for. That simply helps me understand the context of whatever they post.

I have only two, hard and fast rules:

My friends are NOT required to agree with everything I say.
    My friends CANNOT tell me who else I can call "friend."

One thing I must say, I have a hard time with what seems to be a fact, your being on the "opposite side" of most of my core beliefs, but on the same side when it comes to the Second Ammendment.

Diversity is a good thing!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Welcome World Pax...this is a great forum. Incidentally, I didn't know you could buy a Miata in Oklahoma...is it the pickup version?
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links