Warning Part Deux - Page 3

Warning Part Deux

This is a discussion on Warning Part Deux within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by ExSoldier762 Look, here's the quickest way to get along here: STAY ON THE TOPIC OF CONCEALED CARRY and related threads. Stay OFF ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warning Part Deux

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Look, here's the quickest way to get along here: STAY ON THE TOPIC OF CONCEALED CARRY and related threads. Stay OFF the subject of bashing folks who tend to support the 2nd Amendment (like our President and the Republican Party).
    If he was going to do that, he sure picked the wrong forum!

I do find it sort of strange that on gun forums all you hear about is "elect <fill in your gun supporter here> because he supports the 2nd", like that is the only reason to vote for or against someone. I find that frightening. And of course it happens other places on other subjects, for different reasons. Just a thought.

And that is probably as far as I will ever get into politics on a web forum!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by Kompact9
    Welcome World Pax...this is a great forum. Incidentally, I didn't know you could buy a Miata in Oklahoma...is it the pickup version?
    Not the pickup version, but I did get a 4 inch lift, 30 inch Mickey Thompsons, and the full brushguard package.

Haha, actually picturing that in my head is a hoot.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

Red face So...I'm frightening?

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    I do find it sort of strange that on gun forums all you hear about is "elect <fill in your gun supporter here> because he supports the 2nd", like that is the only reason to vote for or against someone. I find that frightening.
    I am pretty much a single issue voter and in my mind...yup it IS pretty much the only reason to vote yea or nay. BUT this is also because by and large....not always but mostly...the person who agrees with me on my guns, also agrees on other stuff. As I said, mostly.

Obviously WorldPax is one of those exceptions, but he "outed" himself almost immediately and I respect that.

In fact, I respect the flaming liberal far more than I do the "centrist moderate." Centrists don't really believe in anything. They just wait for the crowd to make up it's collective mind and go with the flow. If you track their voting records, you'll find that most all so called "centrists" are really liberals who don't want to admit it to themselves or their families. Centrists are also almost always anti 2nd Amendment. They usually tend to lean (very slightly) to the right on taxes and the economy.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Thinking about it i may be a Liberal myself , i do belive that ccw permits should be liberaly avalable , ammo should be used liberaly on the range, there should be a liberal number of guns in a household , need i go on ??
    LOL

"Centrists don't really believe in anything. They just wait for the crowd to make up it's collective mind and go with the flow. If you track their voting records, you'll find that most all so called "centrists" are really liberals who don't want to admit it to themselves or their families. Centrists are also almost always anti 2nd Amendment. They usually tend to lean (very slightly) to the right on taxes and the economy."
    Ex...with all due respect...where do you get your information? I find this hard to beleive. I certainly do not want to engage in a poitical arguement but I think if you put something like this out on the boards you should be able to support it with information.
    A recent search of a Centrist website shows that they appear to split their party criticism rather equally between the Dems and the Republicans. Just curious...I may be misinformed.
    "May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent

http://www.centrists.org/index.html

They definitely seem to have an opinion.
    "May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent

The post below is a RESPONSE TO RGR5280 Not an attempt to "BASH the New Guy!!!" Sorry WorldPax if you took it that way. Not aimed at you, not aimed as an attack at RGR5280, just explaining myself....

Well what do you know! The "Centrists" actually have their own web site! Of course it's only two years old. Do you think that THIS group really speaks on behalf of the group of people who claim the title of "centrist?" I doubt it, but I can only speak to "centrist ideology" that I have witnessed in the comments of politicians from both sides labelled as such by the media or themselves and to those centrist individuals I have actually met and held discussions with in the course of my time as a professional high school educator as a teacher of American Government and Economics.

Look, I made an initial error in my previous post in comparing the centrists to the parties. I should have compared them in an indeological manner. I no longer call myself a "Republican" although I'm registered with them to influence the primary....and I usually vote that party line, there are too many "centrist" and LIBERAL republicans to have a bold line visible between the two parties. The two groups are so dedicated to winning the "moderate" vote that they are slowly merging. In that aspect the statements I found on your website are probably true. For example:

Both parties are preoccupied by political warfare. At this point, legislative leaders on both sides rarely even pretend to favor working together to solve important problems.

ALSO

Often the parties seem determined to NOT solve problems. Instead, both parties want issues kept on the table indefinitely. By keeping issues alive, the parties can differentiate their ideology, raise money, fire up their core constituencies, and conduct partisan or media battles. To our national shame, solving problems isn’t the real political goal.

Just because the centrists seem to critisize BOTH parties equally, doesn't necessarily mean they are either capable or willing to step in and solve those problems, even where they can be sharply defined enough to designate a specific "concern" that needs a specific "solution!"

I myself would descibe my political ideology thusly: I'm a conservative Constitutional Originalist. Meaning I feel that the original version of the US Constitution and of course all it's subsequent ratified Amendments are the law of the land as STATED specifically.

I do not hold with all the Black Robed exceptions that have been read into that document that are not based on the doctrine of stare decisis but are rather based on the politics of the day. I think that each and every scrap of proposed legislation ought to quote the portion of the US Constitution that authorizes and supports that legislation. I also do not hold with the concept of the Executive Order becoming settled law without the vetting of the US Congress.

I agree with the dogma espoused by Thomas Jefferson that Government that governs BEST....GOVERNS LEAST. At least the 'Pubbies seem to agree with the concept of "LIMITED GOVERNMENT" as opposed to the Democrats and their "nanny state" ideology that wants....you know what? I'm stopping HERE. END OF RANT. Back to guns.....and relevant issues....

Like HOW am I gonna get home from school? My school police officer was just jumped by gang members and there are cops and choppers all over the place...maybe six helos in the air over school right now. I hope and PRAY I don't have to manuever through some of these neighborhoods (IOW DA 'HOOD!) to get home...cause I'm not armed and the sun is getting ready to set....okay...here I go....
    Last edited by ExSoldier; January 11th, 2006 at 01:29 AM.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

um hi.
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

ok guys this has been light hearted up to now , but please lets come back on topic , a welcome for pax and lets leave the voting for the polls , i know i am as guilty as anyone , but i can see a flame ware starting shortly , breathe deep , welcome pax , and lets get on to other business please

yeah no kidding, I'm with R dog on this one!
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

All right as said lets get back on topic this is a welcome thread not try to trash the new guy

Liberals - The other white meat!!! Yummm!!! I love 'em grilled over mesquite coals and served with a nice salad.

Nah, I'm just kidding (sorta). Welcome aboard! If you support the 2nd amendment, you're gonna get along here O.K.

Okay, I'm home and safe (never SAW so many cops in my life in one place) and I humbly apologize to anybody who may have been offended by my previous political rant...no excuses but the A/C was broken in my classroom all day and I was a bit frazzled.

ex its all good imho , no harm no fowl , just lets leave politics to other boards and bask in the warmth of like minded folks here lol

Glad you made it Ex! It seems Pax has a pretty good sense of humor and a thick skin as well so, hopefully, all's well and we can get on with discussing gun stuff.
    Jack

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links