Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just signed up today....

2K views 45 replies 42 participants last post by  Sober 
#1 ·
Hi all, just signed up today. I plan on taking my concealed course and getting my permit sometime after the first of the year.

The site looks like it will be very informative, and I hope to gather enough information to make a good purchase for my first handgun.

Thanks in advance....

Rich

#3 ·
The site looks like it will be very informative, and I hope to gather enough information to make a good purchase for my first handgun.
Hey, Rich. Welcome aboard. :wave:

There are a lot of knowledgeable and experienced folks, here, including many LEO's, military and others "in the business," as well as normal folk just looking to get through a crazy world in one piece. Jump right in and start asking questions, if you've got 'em.

As for a first carry weapon, I'd think the best recommendation I'd have would be to explore the shooting ranges within 100mi of you, specifically those that have a large stash of rental guns that you can try. The greater number of rental guns you fire, the better you'll be able to compare possibilities. Keep in mind, as well, that once you actually start wearing one daily, in 3-4mos you will begin to realize what you do and don't like about the choice you made. At that point, you will have some pretty good reasoning to back a second, and probably better, choice for a concealed firearm. The nice thing is, you can buy and sell as many as you choose until you find the one that's right for you. Much depends on ergonomics and feel, how you will choose to carry it, what your tolerance is for size/weight/placement.

Enjoy DC.

#4 ·
Howdy from Dallas.

#10 ·
Thanks guys, and Merry Christmas to yall too! I have a range not far at all with plenty to rent and try, also some friends with quite a few different models that I will be able to shoot.

So far I like the Taurus Millenium (feels good), and Springfield xd (same).

Probably won't make a decision for a few more months when I get the concealed stuff complete.

Thanks again....
Rich

#14 ·
So far I like the Taurus Millenium (feels good), and Springfield xd (same).
If you like the feel of these two, check out: CZ P-01 or CZ 75 PCR; Kahr K9 or P9; Heckler-Koch USP, USP Compact, P2000, P2000SK.

#21 ·
Welcome from South Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.