New Guy from Texas

New Guy from Texas

This is a discussion on New Guy from Texas within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hello all. I've been reading this forum for about a week now and have found it very informative. I found it off of Mad Ogre's ...

Thread: New Guy from Texas

New Guy from Texas

Hello all. I've been reading this forum for about a week now and have found it very informative. I found it off of Mad Ogre's website (http://www.madogre.com/) - a very interesting site too. Since this is the Intro section, I guess I should tell ya'll about myself. I'm a young shooter (23) and I have yet to get my CHL, but I am working on it. My infant gun collection currently has three members (in order of acquisition): a FB Radom VIS, a Springfield Armory XD (9MM) and a Sig Sauer P220 (my first time ever shooting a .45-amazing, by the way). Has anyone in the forum ever had the pleasure to shoot a Radom VIS? I've heard at a few gun shows that they are common, but every time I take it to the range, people are amazed at how well it shoots (and that I shoot it regularly). It is a Polish 9MM automatic from WWII that is (as far as I can tell) is a precursor to the CZ75 (mine was taken off of a German Tank Command who didn't need it any more and brought back by my Stepfather's Father) I hope I haven't rammed too many thoughts into one post, but it's my intro so be gentle!

I guess I should mention my profession - I'm an IT Manager for a small business in Waco, TX (I.E. Professional Computer Geek).
    At any rate, thanks so far for the shared wisdom, and here's to learning much more in the future!
    ~Thomas
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Welcome.. Never shot the Radom Vis how about a pic?

Lead Moderator
    Welcome. Never even have got to see a Radom in person. Now , Sig's and XD's those are nice shooters.

Welcome, Exodus!

Ha! Like birds of a feather. Lots of Texans here, I'm a bit south of you and a year older.

I am an XD fan myself. Welcome aboard.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Welcome , tho i never owned a radom i have shot one ( back in the 70s a friend had one ) i didnt mind it , but imho it should not be mentioned in the same post with the sig 220 lol anyway pull up a seat and listen to us old pharts at the campfire , feel free to chip in with a question or opinion too

Administrator

Welcome Exodus!

Thanks for registering!
    Make yerself right at home.

GREAT intro By The Way.

Don't forget to add that witty comment down there though.

Assistant Administrator
    Thomas - welcome aboard

Radom - nope - no knowledge at all but if you post some pics later on that'd be great.

Ahhh - the SIG 220 - a man of taste! IMO as good a .45acp platform as any out there (sorry Bruce LOL).
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

welcome Exodus...

Welcome, Waco! Nice to see more Texans! Good intro, and there's an old thread with a lot of brainy folks like you fess'n up to their real jobs. You'll fit right in with your guns and all.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Lead Moderator
    Welcome to the forum, and thanks for taking the time to register.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Thanks for the warm welcome all. I guess the media is wrong about all of you (us) "gun-toting psychopaths". Pfeh. If only everyone could see the real world. Anyways, I've attached a picture of my VIS (not the best picture...was still learning to use the camera). I'll take a better picture next time I break out the SLR. You can also see a very good picture of the gun here: http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg61-e.htm

It is a very accurate gun and it is nice to wrap your hands around history. Shooting a gun almost three times my age that actually saw combat is such a horrific war (on the enemy side, no less) is a very humbling experience.
    Attached Images
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

DC Founder
    Welcome to the forum, Exodus!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Sponsored Links