New in Utah Valley

New in Utah Valley

This is a discussion on New in Utah Valley within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; My wife and I have recently been discussing getting our ccw and I found this forum in my searching/learning process. Although I've been wanting my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New in Utah Valley

New in Utah Valley

My wife and I have recently been discussing getting our ccw and I found this forum in my searching/learning process.

Although I've been wanting my ccw for years, it has taken a bad situation to bring my wife around. Her little sister, 18yrs old, has decided that she is in love with a convicted child sexual predator twice her age . With her not thinking clearly and him having the potential of knowing about my 2 pretty little girls and where they live, we've decided it's time to make sure we are protecting our family the best we can.

We've decided to each get a 9mm so that we only have one caliber to worry about for now. My dream gun is the Springfield XD-9, my brother has one and I fell in love with it, especially after reading the 20,000 round test. But for now, if we're going to be getting 2 guns, car safes and concealed holsters, we decided we need to get the lowest priced 9mm that we can bet our lives on.

From my research, I believe that the Kahr CW9 is a gun we can depend on, and I have found it new for $100 less than the XD-9. That gives us $200 to spend on accessories (ie holsters and safes) before we've even reached how much we would have spent just for the 2 XD's. I can always upgrade later as well.

If anyone has any advice on cost effective car safes or IWB holsters, we'd appreciate it. Right now the price is VERY important. Hopefully we can upgrade equipment later.

Thanks Everyone.

JD
    Administrator
    Welcome to the forum, sorry about the circumstances, but at least you've got your head in the game and are looking at options.

For car safes look at Center of Mass Safes, as for IWBs, what are you looking at NOT spending?

VIP Member
    Welcome from Texas!

CW9 is an excellent carry gun. I have one and it's been flawless. They need to be broken in with 200-500 rounds as they are pretty tight from the factory.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Welcome from Virginia.

1943 - 2009
    Welcome from Montana.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum.

You might still want to consider the xd pistol. They come with a holster (granted not the best) as well as spare magazine holder.

As to your family dilemma, if it were me, I would tell your sister in law she is welcome to come visit if she wants to, but her boyfriend is NOT welcome at your house and will not be allowed near your daughters. I realize this will probably cause hard feelings, but better hard feelings than your daughters harmed.

Welcome from central Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    As to your family dilemma, if it were me, I would tell your sister in law she is welcome to come visit if she wants to, but her boyfriend is NOT welcome at your house and will not be allowed near your daughters. I realize this will probably cause hard feelings, but better hard feelings than your daughters harmed.
    +1 There is no way I would allow this scumbag to get anywhere near my children, I wouldn't care who's feelings got hurt.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Greetings and Welcome from Fayetteville, NC!!!

I have a 13 yo daughter, and I know what I'd do if anyone ever touched her.

Lot's of training area's in Fort Bragg that are way out there. Sometimes I think that there are a few places no ones been out to in years... <Evil grin here>
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

dang! I just moved from provo to az a month and a half ago! would have been nice to have more members in happy valley! my parents still live there maybe we will have to go shoot sometime when i visit! well there arent alot of good gun stores around..... that being the case(no real loyalties) and money being an issue i would strongly recommend that you look at vanwagnens on state in orem. He consistently had the lowest prices of anywhere i looked in the whole valley. just be prepared for them to try to sell you a glock(very nicely priced at 469 brand new last i checked!). most shops around treat you like an idiot (which is really annoying when your one of the few in the shop obeying the principle rules of gun safety!). Take it or leave, just my observation of the valleys gun shops!

welcome!!!!!

Howdy and welcome to the forum.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Lead Moderator
    Welcome to the forum.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

VIP Member
    Welcome aboard.

Welcome! You're doing the right thing...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links