New in Central Texas

This is a discussion on New in Central Texas within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I have a small ranch about 60 miles west of Fort Worth. I have been a hunter for about 7 years. My long guns are ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New in Central Texas

Smile New in Central Texas

I have a small ranch about 60 miles west of Fort Worth. I have been a hunter for about 7 years. My long guns are a Browning 30-06 and a Mossberg 20 Gauge shotgun. But it was not until late this summer that I got interested in handguns. First it was just target shooting with a Ruger Mark-III Hunter 22 LR. But as the political situation seemed to deteriorate this fall for the first time in my life I became worried about my security and the security of my family. I, my wife, and her mom all took the CHL class in early January. Hopefully by April 1st we will all be carrying. I have a new Glock 23. My wife has a CZ 75B. And her mom put down her Colt 38 revolver to get a Taurus Millennium Pro 32 semi. I just received my Tucker "The Answer" IWB. My thanks to the excellent community on this site. I have already learned a great deal from you all and hope to learn more in the future.
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome from Las Vegas, Nevada!

Cool Welcome from southern Louisiana!

Mag44Laf
    Semper Fi

Welcome from Mass.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Welcome to you and your family... will we be seeing your wife soon as well?

Welcome and I love to see other horse lovers!

Probably not

My wife is a new college instructor. After being a nurse for over 15 years see is now teaching nursing students at Weatherford College in Weatherford, TX. But at the same time she is finishing her master's degree (in Nursing) at TCU. In her words, "life returns to normal after graduation on May 9th..."

In the meantime both she and my daughter (also a nursing student at Weatherford) are interested in seeing concealed carry legalized for CHL on college campuses here in Texas. There is a new bill that would allow that very thing in the Texas House. I have heard it has a good chance of passage.
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

Distinguished Member
    Welcome from Virginia.

VIP Member
    A warm welcome to the forum from Victoria, B.C.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Let's see... 60 miles west of Cowtown... must be close Ranger Hill. Great area to live. Welcome to the forum...
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Horses

We breed and show miniature horses. The horse pictured in my standard signature is "Scout Out Loud", one of two world champions we own. Scout stands about 33 inches tall and is well known in the industry as a stud. My other champion is a jumper named "Troubles Exemplary". We call him "Larry". He stands 30 inches tall, and has jumped over 42 inch obstacles in competition. He is shown here jumping in competition with my daughter. Horse shows are a problem for us. Most of the venues are "30.06" -- areas in Texas where concealed carry is not allowed. Yet many of them are also in high crime areas. Two years ago I was at the regional championships in Kansas City when a drive-by shooting occurred at the hotel we were staying at.
    Attached Images

Where are we???

Out in the middle of no-where. And we like it that way. But it would take more than a few minutes for the local sheriff to get here.

If you know where Stephenville, Tx and Mineral Wells, Tx are draw an imaginary line between them. At the half-way point in the line- go 6 miles west. We shop in Weatherford and Stephenville (both about 25 miles away) and the kids went to H.S. in Santo, Tx. Our favorite gun store is Star Arms in Stephenville, Tx. The gunsmith there was our CHL instructor. Great class! But we had to wait quite almost a month to get in.

Welcome from Washington State.

VIP Member
    Welcome from VA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links