Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

21 and (soon to be) packing

2K views 46 replies 44 participants last post by  Joelxd87 
#1 ·
Hello all from the Texas Panhandle. I am 21 and my first gun should be in any day (XD 9mm SC). I mainly bought this handgun first because I like to shoot, but second for my home/concealed weapon. I plan on taking my CHL this summer after I am familiar with the gun.

So anyway, that's a little bit about me and I am here to learn about others views on concealed carry as well as a place to ask any questions. Thanks and God bless!:wink:

#30 ·
Thanks for all the well wishes guys and the advice to take the class for the CHL sooner rather than later. I plan on getting at least a hundred or so rounds through the gun first, but I for sure won't be waiting long to take the class.

I've got the xd9mm SC coming in a few days, the Supertuck Crossbreed in a couple weeks and I am SOOO excited.

#32 ·
Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

#40 ·
Welcome! :wave:

I'd take the class as soon as you can. If you can shoot at all, you can pass the class. Then get real familiar with the gun while you're waiting.

#44 ·
Howdy to another Texan from Dallas.

#46 ·
Congrats on the 21st b.d. Now, with no disrespect intended, please reflect on the fact that you do not suddenly acquire emotional maturity, sound judgment, or much of anything else on your birthday. Be extra careful about being fully responsible with that gun you plan to carry, and with your use of it, and if you have any inner thoughts that you might not be calm enough to keep from using it the wrong time and place, put it off for a couple of years. I want to see you turn 25.

#47 ·
Oh believe me, all of this has been thought out in length. And no offense taken. There are many of my peers I would be scared out of my mind if they had a firearm with them all the time. I would expect those who have been there before to make sure I know what I'm doing. :hand10:

EDIT: Heck, for that matter, I know a lot of 40 year olds that would scare me if they had a gun. :duh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.