21 and (soon to be) packing

This is a discussion on 21 and (soon to be) packing within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Congrats on the 21st b.d. Now, with no disrespect intended, please reflect on the fact that you do not suddenly acquire emotional maturity, sound judgment, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 21 and (soon to be) packing

VIP Member
    Congrats on the 21st b.d. Now, with no disrespect intended, please reflect on the fact that you do not suddenly acquire emotional maturity, sound judgment, or much of anything else on your birthday. Be extra careful about being fully responsible with that gun you plan to carry, and with your use of it, and if you have any inner thoughts that you might not be calm enough to keep from using it the wrong time and place, put it off for a couple of years. I want to see you turn 25.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Congrats on the 21st b.d. Now, with no disrespect intended, please reflect on the fact that you do not suddenly acquire emotional maturity, sound judgment, or much of anything else on your birthday. Be extra careful about being fully responsible with that gun you plan to carry, and with your use of it, and if you have any inner thoughts that you might not be calm enough to keep from using it the wrong time and place, put it off for a couple of years. I want to see you turn 25.
    Oh believe me, all of this has been thought out in length. And no offense taken. There are many of my peers I would be scared out of my mind if they had a firearm with them all the time. I would expect those who have been there before to make sure I know what I'm doing.

EDIT: Heck, for that matter, I know a lot of 40 year olds that would scare me if they had a gun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links