Hello from Baghdad. - Page 5

Hello from Baghdad.

This is a discussion on Hello from Baghdad. within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by PatrioticRick OK John, got the package sent out today, weighed 11lbs, I had to get my moneys worth with that flat rate, ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hello from Baghdad.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick
    OK John, got the package sent out today, weighed 11lbs, I had to get my moneys worth with that flat rate, so I stuffed it full of sh--. Any Texans fans out there? You'll see why when you get the package LOL. Let me know when it gets there, so we can see how fast USPS is. Enjoy and remember to share
    My units home base is Fort Hood, TX so there are quite a few 'Texans' in my unit. Come to think of it, my 'room dog' is a Texans fan, along with another guy on my team. I am sure they will enjoy whatever 'surprise' you have in the box.
    Wilco on reporting when the package arrives. I hope I will be able to figure out who's box is who's?
    Thanks again.
    Take care,
    John

older gunner,
    Thank you Sir, I appreciate it.

srfl;
    Well we could use a bass boat and a dozen or so different makes of 1911s. Send them to my home address.
    Just kidding.
    Seriously, I don't think we 'need' much. Compared to OIF1 we are well fed, well supplied, and as a general rule have access to most forms of entertainment, and other luxuries. I started this thread with the intent of bumming old gun magazines off of people here. Gun mags, gun oriented and nonfiction military history paperbacks are very hard to find around here. Same with good Westerns.
    I figured that most people throw away their gun mags, and so hey! I'll take them!
    Same with books. How many of us buy a book, read it, and then let it sit around until we get tired of it and toss it, or give it away to a buddy?

Instead, the good people here have gone out of their way to see to that I will be swamped with magazines, and other goodies. I am not only shocked, but I am also extremely thankful. I didn't expect this. I figured I'd get a post or two but this is awesome.
    Actually there are a few items we do 'need' but unless you know some contractors or field reps willing to donate equipment for "real world testing", or a tax write off, I wouldn't think of asking.

To everyone,
    Thanks again. Your kindness is very much appreciated.
    Take care,
    John

Rick,
    Your box arrived here on Tuesday.
    I wasn't positive who they were from, but then the DAV magazines and your signiture line made it obvious.
    Thanks for the magazines, and everything else.
    The flag was much appreciated by the loyal Texans fans on my team.
    The car and truck magazines are floating around already, but I am holding on to the gun mags until I get a chance to atleast flip through them .
    Thanks for your support.
    Take care,
    John

Wow only took a week that's pretty good, John if you can get a picture of the Texans Flag with some of the fans, so I can send it to my Uncle in Houston, He'd get a kick out of it. Thanks, Rick
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Assistant Administrator
    John - I have been very slow getting to go thru my old mag's - but still plan to do so. However, it seems many folks were preparing to send stuff and I now wonder how much has reached you. By that I mean, I wonder if major duplication might occur.

Before I actually bundle up some things I'll see what feedback you can give regarding just what has gotten to you. If still room for more then great - I 'll get it done. Again, sorry to be so tardy
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick
    Wow only took a week that's pretty good, John if you can get a picture of the Texans Flag with some of the fans, so I can send it to my Uncle in Houston, He'd get a kick out of it. Thanks, Rick
    I'll see what I can do. I don't have a digital camera, but some of the guys do.
    Again, thanks a lot.
    Take care,
    John
    I'm just a Joe Schmoe, what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    John - I have been very slow getting to go thru my old mag's - but still plan to do so. However, it seems many folks were preparing to send stuff and I now wonder how much has reached you. By that I mean, I wonder if major duplication might occur.

Before I actually bundle up some things I'll see what feedback you can give regarding just what has gotten to you. If still room for more then great - I 'll get it done. Again, sorry to be so tardy
    I was thinking along the same lines as yourself. Duplication.
    So far I have only received Ricks box. Mail is kind of goofy here, and so it may take a week, or it may take up to three weeks for a box to arrive. Also take into account that I am often busy 'at work' and not around during the hours that the mail guy is open. Last couple days have been hectic.

There is no need to apologize. If you want to wait and see how things develop, then that's great. I will keep everyone informed as much as possible. If you like, I could list what's arived so far, so that duplication is kept to a minimum. It was my intent that after reading the magazines myself, to pass them on to other interested soldiers.
    Duplicates will be distributed immediately.

Take care and thank you very much,
    John
    I'm just a Joe Schmoe, what do I know?

Assistant Administrator
    OK John - will hang back a bit - and then see what next coupla weeks brings.

Once I know approx what you may have had, can then see what gaps could usefully be filled.

Take care.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

1952 - 2006
    John, I'd also like to know if you get any subscriptions from The PrimeMedia Group. They promised at the SHOT Show to send you Subscriptions for their magazines.

I also picked up some stuff for you guys while I was there and they should be going out in today's mail.

God Bless all you guys from an old Vietnam Vet.
    Stay Safe,
    Bob
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    John
    God Bless you for everything you are doing. I have not forgot 9/11 and thank god everyday for this country, our troops, and the promise my children will be raised in a free nation.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

1952 - 2006
    Alright John, They are in the mail.

I love this flat rate stuff. Very considerate of the USPS to offer this service.

Please let me know that they arrived satisfactorily.

Once again, God Bless and Stay Safe,
    Bob
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Welcome to the forum John and I pray for your safety and a speedy return home. I have nothing but the utmost of respect and admiration for you and our other soldiers there with you. May God bless you and yours and thank you for what your doing for your country and democracy.

To all current and past members of the military and other service positions - Thank you! Your service and sacrifices are truly appreciated!

To those of you still there - be careful, be safe! We do remember you, and the sacrifices!

Take care!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links