Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

From Arizona...

2K views 46 replies 47 participants last post by  DaveH 
#1 ·
I'm probably a minority here...a liberal with guns. I carry for the same reasons most do, although I don't really talk to anyone about carrying. Figure it's nobody's business but mine. Most of my friends and family have no idea that I even own firearms, and I like to keep it that way.

I'm not an overly paranoid person - but I grew up in and around the mean streets of Oakland, CA and I know how to pay attention to my "spider sense". At 39 years old, I can count on 2 fingers the times where I've felt my life at risk...and both times were more than 20 years ago. Both times involved breakins at our home (we had 9 breakins in 3 years before moving). I was young, mid teens...but these events left an impression on me that it is our right and responsibility to protect ourselves - nobody will do that job for us, and I can't legally carry a concealed police officer.

But, I move through life with peaceful awareness now. Being in Arizona, I can legally carry so I do.

#38 ·

#44 ·
Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

#47 ·
Greetings & welcome aboard.

From SWVA

You're not the only liberal here, or who is pro-RKBA. Different folk come to pro-RKBA for different reasons, not all political.

dave

:usa:

BTW -- if you can count on 2 fingers the times where you've felt your life at risk, you've been lucky or you need to work on your SA a bit. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.