Another Texas Born Gun Freak - Page 2

Another Texas Born Gun Freak

This is a discussion on Another Texas Born Gun Freak within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; welcome......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Texas Born Gun Freak

welcome...

Welcome from Arizona -
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

75 im down Athens,Tx way. I may be over your way next month. Congrats on the up-coming wedding.

Welcome to the forum. And, Congrats on the up coming wedding too.
    Ya know, she might become more than tolerant of your gun habit some day.
    I sprung a little “gift” on my wife one day. It was a Henry Rifle. A youth .22 version. (It was actually for my 12 year old son, but a 12 year old can’t “own” a gun so she was to be the legal owner.) Well, her eyes lit up, and she has been my best shooting partner ever since. (She actually talked me into my Kimber when I was starting to waver over $$.)
    So, this could turn out good for you. Just don’t wait 18 years like I did.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

'75Scout - welcome aboard. Do you have an old "binder," or just a fan of IH? Lots of great folks here.
    "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final." - Bill Jordan

Welcome
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Paknheat, if you are gonna be by here during spring break we could go shooting if you want to. I'm always looking for a reason to go shooting. I've been going to Chandler's Lone Star Gun Range and I'll get my CHL from him. www.carlchandler.com.

Yeah I did have a 1975 International Scout II. My first truck and my baby. I spend nearly 10 grand getting her to look purdy and then when I had to spend $2500 in 2 weeks to keep her running I had had enough and sold her to get a new truck. At this weblink you can see pics of my Scout, it's the green one in the last 5 pics.

http://www.onlyinascout.com/modules....bum.php&page=9

Nice Scout! Apparently you can keep them a little nicer in TX than up north. My buddy had one in HS that was barely hanging on. Every time we'd hit a big bump the pass seat would poke thru the floorboards. Had to stop and prop the seat back onto it's wood block - PITA. At least with the shooting you've found another bottomless pit for your disposable income!
    "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final." - Bill Jordan

Now I sit back and thing about all the money I wasted and how many guns I could have bought. That Scout gave me some fun memories and the fact that they don't salt the roads much in the winter in TX meant that it had very little rust. Although I put a lot of elbow grease and even some blood into it. Biggest pain in the butt was trying to get the manifold off and a new 4 barrell manifold back on. IH V8 manifolds are so dang heavy.

75Scout, I will be in your area in April. I will be in Waco foe some Continuing Education seminars . When I have a more tneitive date i will let you know. I will be ready to go blow off some steam by the time the the thing is over. Thanx for the invite.

Send me a pm when the date gets nearer. Maybe we can even set it up to get some instruction from Carl Chandler. His prices are very inexpensive. $50-100 for handgun classes. Something tailor made like point shooting or something fun like that. Just an idea, but just blasting some lead down range is too much fun in it's own right!

Thats a 10-4 on the date there 75Scout. When i get some more info I will let you know. Again i thank for the invite.

Smile Hello from Texas

Short bio: Lifetime gun owner and shooter. CCW licensee. Graduate of 7 Thunder Ranch classes and 2 Chuck Taylor classes. Gun show retailer. I work for a living, not a welfare sucker, and I am a American. Have been carrying a firearm since the introduction of CCW. Carry a Les Baer 1911 in a Milt Sparks SS2. Love to discuss carry issues, as I have seen the ups and downs associated with it. BADMAN

also a proud texas gun freak from central Texas

amax where are you in Texas? BADMAN, I bet you have a lot of useful knowledge to pass on to a future CCWer. Any good advice? I plan on carrying a GLOCK 26 and a Kahr P9 or PM9. Both will be in a Comp-Tac C.T.A.C.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links