New Florida Member / Training Invitation

This is a discussion on New Florida Member / Training Invitation within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Greetings; I think that this is a great site with very good information. This is also a great service to our community and our country. ...

Thread: New Florida Member / Training Invitation

Greetings;

I think that this is a great site with very good information. This is also a great service to our community and our country. The anti-gunners are using every tool and opportunity to augment, promote and advanced their cause, which is to disarm every law abiding citizen. The criminals will always have guns! We need to stay together, stay organize and keep open lines of communications like this site, to fight back for our rights. Our most basic and inalienable right, the right of self preservation, our personal safety and the safety of our loved ones.

I am a law enforcement officer with 15 years of experience. I am also the Owner/Director of Eagle Tactics Inc. A Florida company dedicated to the training and education of qualified civilians, law enforcement and military personnel. We offer courses in different weapon systems and different levels, including; handgun, tactical rifles, shotguns, precision rifles and more. Due my professional commitments (I'm still full time law enforcement) we only offer a limited amount of courses every year.

Our prices are very reasonable and our courses very comprehensive, probably one of the best values in the industry. We are so confident of the quality and value of our courses that I personally will guarantee your satisfaction. If you feel that the course did not meet your expectations or it did not worth the price, I will refund your money. How many schools or instructors will do that?

We will be happy to offer group discounts and I am in the process of getting Eagle Tactics Inc. listed in this website and offer a discount to its members. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best regards,

Nelson Marchand
    Eagle Tactics Inc
    www.eagletactics.com

Assistant Administrator
    Nelson - welcome to CC

Hope you'll find time to drop by and post when you can.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

welcome to the forum
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Welcome from Arizona -

Appreciate reading your worthwhile comments as a law enforcement officer as well -
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

1952 - 2006
    Welcome to the Forum Nelson.

We always value the experience and opinions of LEO instructors.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum!!
    Curry

VIP Member
    Welcome and thanks for letting us know about your school....perhaps I might sign up for some training down the road. I (hope) to get to FLETC for the firearms instructor course, so every bit of add-on training I can get will be cool.

So you're an ICE pilot/SA?
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Welcome. Check your on site mail here. I sent you a message. I live in Miami.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Welcome from North Texas! I appreciate LEO's, especially LEO's that support RKBA.

Welcome

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. You'll find a vast assortment of professions.. and professionals here.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Lead Moderator
    Welcome to the forum.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    ill add a welcome to the forum

Thanks to all for the warm welcomes!

Wow!

I appreciate all the welcomes, it really makes a difference and makes you feel ... welcome. I do support the Fifth Amendment and our constitutional rights. We are living tough times and the crime rate is on the rise. We as a nation are facing some new security challenges and we need to be ready to fight for our country in our own soil. The more citizens that are prepare to combat eveil the better. Each one of you is responsible for your own safety and for the safety of your loved ones. I may not agree with evrything the NRA does or puts out but I support the NRA 100% and recommend it in every class. I am 100% on the side of the well armed and trained civilian.

Since this has been such a refreshing welcome, I'll tell you guys a little bit more about myself , my philosophy and thoughs.

I won't claim to have all the answers but I'll be happy to assist with my 2 cents in any reasonable discussion. I have been lucky enough to train with some of the most respected instructors in the industry like; Chuck Taylor, Jeff Cooper, Clint Smith, John Farnam and a few others. I learned from all of them and will reccommend all of them without reservation. I'm also a firearms / tactical instructor for my agency and I also work as a guest instructor for other agencies and police departments. I have been training civilians for several years. All the law enforcement training + the civilian schools training + the real life LE experience + the years of training law enforcement and civilians + the everyday gun carrying as an civilian (when off-duty) provides me with a decent set of credentials and a good perpective. Since I am still a full time LE officer I do my best to stay informed and up to date on firearms and tactics. Always with the open mind to keep learning and getting better as a fighter and as a trainer.

My perspective is of a truly open mind, constant study and research. There is always room for improvement and new things to learn. I do not beleive in imposing someones preferences. For example; instead of teaching Weaver or Isoceles stances, I will teach both, explain the pros and cons of each and let the student decide which one works better for him. I have found that for most people it does not matter that much. Every once in a while someone shoots a lot better using one vs. the other. Beacuse one particular technique works for me, does not means that it will work for you! I respect all students and we train in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Obviously we do have stress drills, man vs. man, elevated hart rate drills, etc. but at the right time and under the right perspective. No boot camp attitudes and no egos to be flexed in our courses. You are not required to agree with me and everything we teach has a reason and the reason will be explain straightforward.

Common sense is a mayor force in our curriculum and we enforce the KISS principle with a twist. For us KISS stand for Keep It Simple Smart. Keeping the techniques simple is the smatest thing that you can do, specially when dealing with skills that need to be used under stress.
    I hope I did not bore you guys too much, but I just want to tell a little bit more about myself. Thanks again for the sincere welcomes and I hope to be of assistance in the future.

Best regards,

Nelson

Links