Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Guy Rick, and the way I used to think

1K views 43 replies 43 participants last post by  64zebra 
#1 ·
My name is Rick, and as a new member I reflect upon just how unknowledgeable I have been over the years. I grew up around firearms, guns as I knew them, and did not think much importance about them. My father and grandfather introduced me to guns, but was not a big deal, just the careful handling and such. I saved soda bottles at 2 cents each to buy an 8 dollar BB gun when I was 7, carried it around the neighborhood in South Fulton Kentucky, and no on thought any thing about it. It was so heavy with BB’s I could barley carry it. I had a 22 ruger hand gun as a teen, and had a .357 I bought in Alaska when I was in service. The 22 ruger and the .357 revolver I carried around in my car when transporting, without knowledge to the Laws of the land. I thought nothing of it, as I really did not know then of the laws, or the meaning of the 2nd Amendment. (no Internet and hated history) I was not a BG, I just did not know at that age. I still handled my firearms responsibly. Well except that one time with my BB gun when I shot some Mason Jars of my Grandmothers. I had no more discipline problems after that.

Thanks for letting me rant.

“Three things that bother me most are bureaucracy, incompetence, and stupidity, especially when they occur together”.

#4 ·
And while I am on a roll

A well regulated (Militia) def: (An army composed of ordinary citizens rather than professional soldiers), being necessary to the security of a free State,(as in any one of fifty) the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And to repeat a phrase I saw on line:

"When the people fear the Government its tyranny, and when the Governmet fear the People it's Liberty"

#25 ·
Welcome

Greetings from the Hawkeye state. (Iowa)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.