New here, saying hi

This is a discussion on New here, saying hi within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hello ladies and gents. I'm new here. I grew up in Cochise Co, Arizona, and while I've visited and lived in some other places, I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New here, saying hi

New here, saying hi

Hello ladies and gents.

I'm new here. I grew up in Cochise Co, Arizona, and while I've visited and lived in some other places, I must like Cochise County because I'm still here.

I'm not new to firearms, having been with and around firearms all of my life. I mostly open carry, but I do keep a valid Arizona CCW permit for occasions where open carry might cause a lot of sheep to hurt themselves trying to stampede the gate (in banks, a few area stores, and such as that).

To me, carrying a sidearm isn't an event, it's just something I do, and have done most of my life. I open carried before Arizona became a shall-issue state back in the mid-1990's, and I still mostly open carry today. I've never had any trouble that came of it, but also realize that the world is ever changing. A CCW permit allows me to stay legally armed in some areas where open carry might not be readily accepted, so I keep it valid.

Anyway, I found this site while looking for information on the .32 H&R mag, and it looks like an interesting site. A little reading turned up some interesting topics, so I figured I'd register. I've been an administrator on another hunting/shooting forum for about 8 or 9 years, so I'm familiar with forums like this.

Hopefully I can learn a bit from y'all, and share a little information as well.

:)

Daryl

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Hey Daryl, welcome! I lived for several years in various parts of PHX. I miss it a lot still, but have fallen in love with Colorado.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

VIP Member
    Welcome.

pcon,

I lived in the Valley from about '89-'91. Too hot for me in Tucson or Phoenix, for sure.

I love Colorado as well. My wife's from Beulah, about 30 miles west of Pueblo, and I have a high school buddy who's in Peyton, just east of Colorado Springs (off of Hwy 94 I think it is?). I've hunted quite a bit in the SW corner, as well as the area around Salida, and south of there in the general area of Saguache. In fact, another friend of mine is an outfitter located in Maffat. My wife and I had our honeymoon near Glenwood Springs, and the trip and stay were mighty appealing.

But, I still prefer SE Arizona for a place to live. There isn't as much snow to deal with in the winter, and summertime temps are usually dampened by the monsoon rains that we're getting now.

If we ever change locations, I'm pretty sure my wife will want to move home. Can't say I'd mind Colorado on a permanant basis either; it's a mighty fine state!

Daryl

Greetings and Welcome from Fayetteville, NC!!!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Welcome from Michigan!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    Welcome from Washington.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Welcome
    XD45C
    XD9SC
    NRA Life Member
    VFW Life Member
    www.migunowners.org

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Welcome!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Welcome from South Carolina...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Welcome from Alabama

Boze
    Boze
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan

"Gentlemen, Prepare to defend yourselves" SGM Basil Plumley

Thanks all for the fine welcomes.

PatrioticRick,

Now what's that picture of? Mighty purdy, for sure.

Here's some of my country, where Geronimo hid out from the US cavalry, and I think Ringo (of Tombstone fame) was found shot in Turkey Creek, which is a few miles behind me in the picture. I shot a bear many years ago in the bottom of this canyon. Called it in with a mouth blown predator call.

Daryl

Welcome and enjoy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links