Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

new member from new york state

1K views 43 replies 43 participants last post by  doctorw 
#1 ·
Greetings all,

I just discovered this site a few days ago.
At this time I have a full carry for NYS and another state that borders NY where these permits are not given freely...
This may seem a little cryptic, and it is meant to be so, as below has made me somewhat easy to identify, and the local media, which is very anti gun, would probably make my specific permits public knowledge in a web page or in printed form. They have done so in the past.
Some years ago, I was the victim of an attempted murder by a mentally ill family member, and somehow survived a shotgun attack at short range.
Because of this I was granted the carry permits. The local DA supported the application.

My carry guns are a Kahr PM 9 and a S&W Airweight 38 special. On the HCQ1 and the HNQC I scored 100% with both weapons.
As a point of interest, at the NYS permit was initially a very restricted non carry, because I was "involved in a shooting", and as such there was a higher than normal chance of my "having to use" the gun.

Go figure....

Any way, I am glad to have found this group, and look forward to gleaning from its collective wisdom and also hopefully helping others by sharing the lessons learned since the happy event...

vaettir

See less See more
#20 ·
Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

#21 ·
Welcome from South Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.