Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greetings from Orange County, CA

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  duckhunter 
#1 ·
Looking forward to exchanging ideas, thoughts, and why the world isn't like it used to be when we were kids. haha

California sure can put a crimp in your ability to defend yourself, family, and third parties. Is that an understatement or what??? haha WHOA what restrictions, ... and the Penal Codes covering weapons are unbelievable!!! Thank God I can at least keep an M-26 TASER in my vehicle for those who might want to waltz in and separate me from my vehicle (it's at least something, eh?).

Used to sport an AZ CCW w/ a 2-toned, S&W 457 .45 Auto - great little gun for a fight in a phone booth! Very compact and easy to shoot, ... even my 12 year old boy who is famous for limp-wrist shooting avoids stove-pipes with this little gem. Not so on his Ruger
.45 P97 DC. (?)

Glad to be part of this group!

#3 ·
A hearty welcome to you from Las Vegas. The land of class 3 legal weapons.

#9 ·
Welcome To The Forum.

Welcome To The Forum. :usflag:

Hey...wait a minute...I think I recognize that fingerprint.:yup:
Somebody...Quick! ~ Run this guy through A.F.I.S.
Automated Fingerprint Identification System

Great Avatar!
Thanks For Registering.

#11 ·
welcome

#14 ·
Hey, LT...OC is a good place, Ca gun laws aren't good, though. It IS possible to get CCW there if you don't have it already. Had the opportunity to go to a range while I was there a few weeks ago. It's On Target in Laguna Niguel. Nice place, good guys, lots of rentals. $5 gets unlimited rentals for session. Switch guns out every few minuted if you like.

#15 ·
Jarhead79:
Thanks for your message! On Target is only blocks from my home, and I spend allot of time there. Real outdoor ranges are hard to find here in Cal that doesn't require an all day drive. I'm an AZ boy where I was no stranger to Class 3 items and the unusual destructive devices. Shooting every weekend at Ben Avery Shooting Range (world reknown range) outside Phoenix. Sawed-off shotguns, 20mm anit-tank rifles from WWII, silenced Ruger autos, original silenced MAC-10's, even an old 1908 Maxim watercooled machinegun. Best friend was a Class 3 dealer. When I moved to Cal in '99, was I shocked!! It seems like each town, city, county, and judge had their own agenda against firearms and heaven forbid - concealed! I can't even carry my favorite BEAR Balisong. Glad you liked the visit to CA., Like your choice of guns too! What do /did you do in the Corps? I was an ARMY Tank Commander '74-'78. Missed Vietnam by weeks, but experienced a gunbattle later on the Korean DMZ 1977. M-16A1'a against shorty AK's and a few SKS carbines. Keep in touch!

#16 ·
This List is great! .. thanks for the Welcome!!

Thanks to all who gave a hearty welcome! It is great to be surrounded with like people who have a passion for the same thing. I'm sure I'll learn allot from this esteemed membership, and will ocassionally jump in where my expertise may assist. Again, ... thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.