Greetings from Canada...

This is a discussion on Greetings from Canada... within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hi Ommi, I live in Vancouver also, hang out on CGN as Colin Did you do the Utah CCW course they were holding awhile back ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from Canada...

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Hi Ommi, I live in Vancouver also, hang out on CGN as Colin

Did you do the Utah CCW course they were holding awhile back in Abbotsford?

The only thing Canadians can brag about in regards to gun laws is that we can buy cheap Norinco's pistols. Also our customs officals are slightly less anal than theirs. The paperwork and requirement to get an export permit to ship gun parts more than $100 to Canada has effectively killed any interest in US stores selling gunstuff to Canada. It's a shame, because we would be agreat market for all those 10rd pistol mags.

2. Remove Ads

Hey Colin,

Actually, I took the CCW course which was held in Langley back in January. How about you?

I'm hoping that as many Canadians as possible will get a U.S. based CCW permit. There is power in numbers, and if we can show that thousands of Canadians are safely and legally carrying concealed firearms when we are stateside, that may help us pursue some less restrictive laws here. Of course, we also need the Conservatives to win a majority in the next election!!!

I also hope we can get the NRA working up in Canada. That's why I joined. Our Canadian firearms spokesmen are too fragmented and ineffective. We need an organization that isn't afraid to kick ass and take names. We tried being quiet and hoping that the government would just leave us alone, and we almost got royally burned in the last election. The time has come to stop worrying about offending the weak minded liberals that are out to ban guns. It's a war and only one side can win. Lets make sure our side wins. We are fighting for property rights, self-defense rights and the fact that firearms are a part of our national heritage, and those are things worth battling for.
    "Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others." -- Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forums. I was in Ottawa just a couple weeks ago. Beautiful city, and nice friendly people.

You guys need a charismatic leader, or just a leader period. The NRA is an organization, but the NRA relies on people on the ground to do the work. So you need to gather all the pro-rights people under one organization and go from there. It will take a leader who is intelligent, articulate and dedicated to the cause. There will need to be enough in donations to pay this person full-time to do what is necessary to bring rights issues to the forefront. You will also need a supporting cast that isn't necessarily paid, but is there when needed.

Things like taking ministers shooting. Taking media people shooting. Writing letters to elected officials and the media. Offering up to be a resource for firearms related stories for fact checking etc. All these things are needed so that you can turn the perception of firearms and firearms owners to the positive. I could go on I'm sure, but this is a welcome thread so I'll stop now.

-Scott-

Ommi, I will take that course next year, have blown to much money on guns, bullets, etc for my wife's liking, starting to get the look!!!

Since you took the course, I suggest you start a thread here and ask some questions that were raised about non-US citizens carrying in the US.

Scott
    We have two organizations, the NFA and the CSSA, they get a bit annoyed at each other, but are getting better, the Internet is a big help, also gun owners are fragmented by type (done on purpose by the anti's, government) They also need to look after each other, hopefully having a gun friendly Federal government in for awhile will give the chance to organize better.

Lead Moderator
    Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Welcome. Please send Moosehead Lager quickly.

Rick

Thank god you guys have finally discovered micro-brewing, for awhile I would never cross the border without a supply of beer, can't stand the big 3-4 that you guys pretend is beer. some of the small local beers down there are quite excellent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links