Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New to This Forum - New to Florida - Left New York Behind and Won't Look Back

2K views 47 replies 46 participants last post by  chrise2004 
#1 ·
We left the state of NY (state of restrictive gun laws) and are now living in the great state of Florida where an honest law-abiding person can actually defend himself without having to worry about being criminally prosecuted like a common thug. In NY one can only imagine what it would be like to legally carry concealed. Carrying a firearm for self defense is against the law in NY- only a priveleged few can obtain full carry licenses. The rest of us either "took our chances" or obeyed the law- only carrying to/from a shooting range or to/from hunting. Seeing shows on cable like the OUTDOOR CHANNEL or the SPORTSMAN CHANNEL really bring home the sentiment that the Northeast US attittude towards firearms ownership is not speaking for the entire US. Instead, that gun-grabbing attitude shows how much disrespect those in power have for the honest, law-abing citizens and of the Constitution. I am not merely glad to now live in FL, but I am even more elated that I am no longer living in NY.
I look forward sharing comments with like minded folk on this forum.

#3 ·
#29 ·
+1

Welcome to the Gunshine State from LA(Lower Alabama) :)
I saw on your profile it says retired, so can I assume Retired Military or LEO? There is a recent change in procedures here in Florida that a lot of people are not aware of. You can take your civilian class certificate or proof of military training (DD-214) and call the nearest Department of Agriculture office to set up an appointment. They will take care of all of the paperwork there, and you will have your CWL in 2-3 weeks.

Division of Licensing - Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

#4 ·
Welcome from Rhode Island. Like NY, my state is anti-2A. Probably because we have had the same old Democratic party in charge for over 40 years.

I'll be curious to see if you like FL for the long term. Keep us posted. :wave:

PS - why the scary avatar?

-

#8 ·
We left the state of NY (state of restrictive gun laws) and are now living in the great state of Florida where an honest law-abiding person can actually defend himself without having to worry about being criminally prosecuted like a common thug. In NY one can only imagine what it would be like to legally carry concealed. Carrying a firearm for self defense is against the law in NY- only a priveleged few can obtain full carry licenses. The rest of us either "took our chances" or obeyed the law- only carrying to/from a shooting range or to/from hunting. Seeing shows on cable like the OUTDOOR CHANNEL or the SPORTSMAN CHANNEL really bring home the sentiment that the Northeast US attittude towards firearms ownership is not speaking for the entire US. Instead, that gun-grabbing attitude shows how much disrespect those in power have for the honest, law-abing citizens and of the Constitution. I am not merely glad to now live in FL, but I am even more elated that I am no longer living in NY.
I look forward sharing comments with like minded folk on this forum.
You must have been from NYC, it is not against the law to carry for self defense in NYS. I have an unrestricted permit to carry a concealed weapon and tons of people do also. In upstate most counties it is fairly easy to get a permit to carry although in some a lengthy process.
I will agree there is an anti attitude with in the political minds or should I say mindless.
At any rate, Welcome from NY. Hope to see you around the boards.

#17 ·
New to FL- From NY

Your guess is close - not NYC but Long Island- practically the same these days. My brother lived upstate NY for a while and yes he was able to get a full carry. Funny how a county border or a state border can (mis)interpret the 2nd A.
Thanks/regards 2 all.

#11 ·
Well Congratulations on making the move! Good Job! :congrats:

Btw.. your Avatar is creeping me out! Looks like Zombie's on the loose! :rofl:

Welcome from Missouri! Gateway to the West!

#19 ·

#23 ·
Welcome from the Space Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.