Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Quick Hello from Downriver, Michigan

3K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Having recently joined the boards, I took a few days to read (and read and read) the posts here and have learned quite a bit. I am fairly new to guns and enjoy going with my significant (and much better armed!) other to our local gun range for an hour or so of shooting my rented plinker at some targets. I am currently gaining some range time in preparation for my CCW class coming up in early June. After that, I will be working towards purchasing a firearm for concealed carry. A slow process, but I am okay with that. I would rather have a gun I am comfortable carrying than one I am too scared to use.

I am off to read more!

Dawn

#4 ·
Hi dawn and welcome :smilez:

For sure, make your choice of carry something you have tried and liked - and shoot well. Now you are here, and reading a lot, should be possible to help you along in your mission.

#5 ·
srfl - There are some firearms that are pretty, and some that have a good solid reputation. I can think of a few things in life that are the same way. =] Right now, I am pretty wide open as to what I will end up carrying. I do not have nearly enough information, with the exception that I enjoy revolvers. So, the hunt continues (and that is one of the more fun parts, anyway!).

Bud White - We shoot over at Top Gun in Taylor. I hear that there are a few more ranges nearby, and I would like to check them out as well. Being left-side dominant (and very ambidextrous besides) has made it interesting to shoot a rental .22 magnum revolver made for a right hand.

#6 ·
Another Lefty i know what you mean
There is wolverine down in brownstown where i normally shoot and firing line in west land i shoot there some times also

If ya go in wolverine and every one else is run off the range or looks like there in pain im probley in there with the big boomers...lol

Best selection of rentals is up at the firing line

#7 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum! Take your time and read all the good info here and try out differnent ones if possible (lots of ranges rent out guns) and get the one YOU are comfortable with. Good luck on your class and your choice, whatever it may be!

#20 ·
Welcome Dawn, from across the lake in Wisconsin. Take your time when choosing a CCW. Revolver or semi-auto will both do the job, weigh all the options, and don't take as sacred what some shop employee may advise. They may just want to sell you what they have in their store at the time. Your doing yourself a great service by reading all you can on this forum prior to purchase and CCW course. When you have questions, ask them on this forum. You'll have plenty of help from a good group of knowledgeable people.......Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.