Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBEE

1K views 33 replies 34 participants last post by  64zebra 
#1 ·
Hey, new member checking in.
I am a retired male from Alabama, just looking for info on CCW.
I have had a CCW in Alabama since 1976. I do carry often, but lately have taken it more serious.
I have several 22's 38's and 357's I rotate several time a week, along with some fixed and folding Blades.
My hobby is scaling and rescaling blades. And I have a truck load of keepers!
I have just bought a S&W 629 in 4" and I am now looking at a set of grips and a holster to begin carrying the thing. Being 6'1" and 245, I have no problem hiding the 44.
I have had many S&W 29/629s, but they were all 5-8" barrels. I had a 29 cut down to 5", SS MetLife finish, Magnaported, round butted, bench crowned, an action job, and some gold inlay back in the mid 80's. The work was done by Magnaport.
I carried it frequently. But then had a BAD divorce and sexy exy made me sell a BIG collection of handguns because she knew I loved them. She is sorry now, but things were rough then.
Anyway, I have been rebuilding the collection back up lately. The only other 44's I have is a HUGE Colt Anaconda and a Winchester 94AE in 44 with saddle ring and large loop. I have two S&W 66's, one 3" and one 6". One model 10-6 in a 4" heavy barrel, a Browning Buck Mark, a Barreta 21, an Iver Johnson P22, and a NAA mini revolver.
I also have my first 22 rifle, an old Monkey Wards bolt action my father gave me when I was 9 (1960 and it was well used when I got it) and a Remington 550. I also have a S&W Mdl 3000 pump. An old Police Riot gun with pistol grip, folding stock and long tube. Had a beautiful SKB double, but it went with my collection.
I guess that's it, so, hey yall.

See less See more
#8 ·

#11 ·
Welcome from South Carolina...

#13 ·
Welcome from Missouri.

You know, I shoot and still sell most of what you mention.

Re-building a collection is expensive.

best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.