australian violent crime

australian violent crime

This is a discussion on australian violent crime within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; notice where the newsman says that the crime rate keeps going up and up and up Breitbart.tv Security Cameras Capture Brutal Beating of Disabled Tourist ...

australian violent crime

notice where the newsman says that the crime rate keeps going up and up and up

Breitbart.tv Security Cameras Capture Brutal Beating of Disabled Tourist in Australia Train Station

Speechless......
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

As reported by Yahoo Canada:

Sydney teens charged over attack on Canadian wheelchair-user
    Wed Mar 10, 7:01 PM

SYDNEY (AFP) - Two Australian teenagers have been charged over a vicious attack on a disabled Canadian tourist who was knocked out of his wheelchair and battered with a metal bar, police said on Thursday.

The two, aged 15 and 16, were both charged with grievous bodily harm and robbery armed with an offensive weapon following Tuesday's incident, which has made headlines in the victim's home country.

The 35-year-old man is in hospital with head injuries after the assault at a Sydney suburban train station, which was captured by security cameras.

The man, who does not want to be named, was punched in the face as he entered a lift, then stamped on and hit with a metal bar ripped off his wheelchair, reports said.

"It's a cowardly, horrendous, horrific thing that they've done," his girlfriend told local media earlier.

"It makes me sick to the stomach to think he came out here for me and he's ended up in a hospital, and to think that he could have died."

The younger teenager was due to appear at children's court later, while the other suspect was refused bail on Wednesday.

Source - Sydney teens charged over attack on Canadian wheelchair-user - Yahoo! Canada News

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Despite their police's best efforts, their crime rate keeps going up and up...
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we canít allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

Aren't guns banned in this country? Hmmm......interesting, how's that gun ban working for ya?

VIP Member

Guns and self defense prohibited

Quote Originally Posted by J400Cali View Post
    Aren't guns banned in this country? Hmmm......interesting, how's that gun ban working for ya?
    It is common place there for roaming street gangs to beat passersby. Home invasions are common to the point where you see steel protective awnings on the windows of upscale homes in great neighborhoods.

I've been told you can't even hit an invader, by a reliable resident/citizen of WA.

The place is certainly not "gang" free. It has the same stuff we have; drug gangs and ethnic gangs. It has troubled youth, especially within the very large first generation immigrant community when the kids aren't quite sure who and what they are.

Still, on the whole it is one of the safer places in the world, perhaps safer than most of the US.

It would be interesting to see side by side the incident rate for various serious crimes in both our countries. I don't think we will look good in comparison.

The level of derangement increases...
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    It would be interesting to see side by side the incident rate for various serious crimes in both our countries. I don't think we will look good in comparison.
    Give it some time. Isn't their gun ban pretty recent?
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Links