Why I carry

Why I carry

This is a discussion on Why I carry within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The following story shows what a joke our border enforcement to stop undocumented mexicans from entering the U.S. is.A good majority of trafficking and the ...

Thread: Why I carry

Why I carry

The following story shows what a joke our border enforcement to stop undocumented mexicans from entering the U.S. is.A good majority of trafficking and the violence associated with it is usually caused by Illegals that run back into Mexico when they get caught,they will drive like crazy to get back to the Rio Grande River endangering Innocent lives so they can swim back across the border and flip the BP agents a bird,only to try again in the future.
    It's like the wild wild west down here

EDINBURG — A shooting victim remains unidentified after Hidalgo County sheriff’s deputies arrested one suspect on murder charges and Mexican police took the other suspect into custody.

Sheriff’s deputies arrested Andres Guadalupe Lozano on Tuesday — a day after he allegedly shot and killed a man who arrived at a house north of Weslaco to collect drug money.

Lozano’s alleged accomplice, Francisco Hernandez Zamora, remains in Mexican police custody in Nuevo Progreso after he was found with a pistol at a bus station, Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Treviño said.

The sheriff said a woman called both men to her house at 707 Palos Altos St., near the intersection of Mile 13 North and Farm-to-Market Road 88, about 3 p.m. Monday. The woman said three men had shown up and demanded money from a drug load lost by her husband, Francisco Gonzalez, who had been arrested by U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents.

After Lozano and Hernandez arrived at the house, an argument ensued and Lozano allegedly fired at least one shot that struck the unidentified man, court documents state.

The two others who were with the unidentified man fled the scene.

Lozano was arrested Tuesday. Hernandez was arrested the following day in Nuevo Progreso.

Lozano was formally charged with murder Thursday morning during an arraignment hearing at the Hidalgo County Jail. Bond was set at $1 million.

Sheriff’s deputies may arrest and charge Gonzalez’s wife with filing a false report — or even murder — after she allegedly lied to deputies who responded to the scene of the shooting, Treviño said.

“I think she is just as culpable,” the sheriff said. “This guy would not have been dead had she not called her protectors to help (fight) the debt collectors.”

Investigators still have not identified the shooting victim. He has a tattoo on his back that reads “Freddy” and a tattoo of a woman on his right calf that reads “Esperanza” next to the words “Hecho en Mexico” (Made in Mexico).

Hernandez remains in Mexican police custody in Nuevo Progreso, the sheriff said.

Deputies are working with FBI agents who went to Nuevo Progreso on Thursday to interview Hernandez, whose extradition to the U.S. will depend upon whether Mexican authorities pursue criminal charges of firearm possession.

Meanwhile, Lozano — an undocumented Mexican national — could spend up to life in prison and face a $10,000 fine if convicted of murder.

Monday’s homicide is the fourth investigated by the Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office this year — three of which have involved drug trafficking.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I understand how strongly native Texans feel about their state and the belief that concealed carry would provide adequate defense but I don't think I'd be able to live in southern Texas right now. There's enough violence related to illegal immigrants where I am that anything closer to the border is out of the question.

To those of you that are in the thick of it, God bless and stay safe.

This should not be posted here.

It's nothing but criminals preying on criminals as upon being involved in criminal activity as directly related to international criminal enterprise.

Criminals got shot acting criminally while interacting with and calling upon criminals to do criminal business.

Case closed everybody involved goes to jail.
    End of story. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    This should not be posted here.

It's nothing but criminals preying on criminals as upon being involved in criminal activity as directly related to international criminal enterprise.

Criminals got shot acting criminally while interacting with and calling upon criminals to do criminal business.

Case closed everybody involved goes to jail.
    End of story. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

- Janq
    True Jang,but on more than one occassion this type of activity has caused the wrong houses to be targeted,The problem is most of this violent crime and home invasions is caused by undocumented criminals...I mean "workers"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

TOF
    Nothing to see here?
    So this should simply be swept under the rug because all involved are criminals?

I don't agree.

This should be plastered on every front page across the USA so some of those with their head in the sand can see what allowing the Invaders from our south undeclared amnesty results in.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    Nothing to see here?
    So this should simply be swept under the rug because all involved are criminals?

I don't agree.

This should be plastered on every front page across the USA so some of those with their head in the sand can see what allowing the Invaders from our south undeclared amnesty results in.
    Possibly, but this story does not fit this description:

In the news encounters with the bad guys, with both successful, and not so successful, outcomes. Armed citizens have a fighting chance against criminals; those without are at their mercy.
    This would be a better fit for Off Topic.
    Having this featured among stories such as the 7 yr. old suffering a home invasion and that of lawful citizens defending themselves against tyranny/crime is not appropriate...Nor fair to be in the same class as those folk.

Criminals preying on criminals while acting criminally and resulting in harm is the nature of their business.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Why I carry

Everything put out by the libs/progressives to justify gun control is just a red herring. All they really want is control over a non-armed population.
    "A man can never own enough guns."

Links