Would love to know the rest of this story

This is a discussion on Would love to know the rest of this story within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK what missing here? 2 robberies thwarted in N.W. Roanoke - Roanoke.com 2 robberies thwarted in N.W. Roanoke Roanoke police are looking for men who ...

Thread: Would love to know the rest of this story

VIP Member

Question Would love to know the rest of this story

OK what missing here?

2 robberies thwarted in N.W. Roanoke - Roanoke.com

2 robberies thwarted in N.W. Roanoke

Roanoke police are looking for men who attempted to rob a pizza shop and a convenience store in Northwest Roanoke on Saturday.

Police spokeswoman Aisha Johnson said officers responded to a report of an attempted robbery at Esquisito Pizza in the 2600 block of Peters Creek Road at 2:08 p.m. Two black men wearing dark, baggy clothing entered the restaurant and demanded money, she said. One brandished a firearm, she said. They were chased out of the restaurant by an employee.

Less than an hour and a half later, two black men entered Sky Mart, a convenience store in the 3900 block of Melrose Avenue, reportedly at 3:26 p.m., Johnson said. They demanded money, and one man brandished a firearm. An employee chased them away, she said.

One man wore a white, long-sleeved T-shirt and blue jeans, while the other wore a shirt with red and black vertical stripes and blue jeans.

No one was injured in the attempted robberies, and police have made no arrests, Johnson said. Police are investigating whether the two incidents are connected, she said.

Anyone with information about these incidents can call police at 853-5959 or Crime Line at 344-8500.

-- Jenny Kincaid Boone
    BTW -- It's Roanoke, Va

BTW2 -- I wish we had a I-don't-trust-news-media smilie.

BTW3 -- "An employee chased them away" with what/how?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Agreed, the news media should not print articles like this, that imply that if you just look mean at armed robbers, you can chase them away.

Obviously the shopkeepers here had a gun, anti-gun news media hate to admit a gun might be useful in self-defense.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Links