Good!!! 3rd time in recent history

This is a discussion on Good!!! 3rd time in recent history within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saves the taxpayers of Ohio and Lucas County $50K/year. TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) -For the third time in two months a property owner in Toledo shot ...

Saves the taxpayers of Ohio and Lucas County $50K/year.

TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) -For the third time in two months a property owner in Toledo shot a robber while a crime was being committed.

The suspect later died.

Police say a male who looked to be in his teens, wearing a woman's wig, entered Bengal's Food Mart, 2625 Airport Highway, around 11:30 a.m. Sunday.

They say the robber pointed a gun at the store owner and stated it was a robbery.

Police say the store owner acted as if he was reaching for the money, pulled out a gun, and shot the robber.

"I heard two pops and I thought it was fireworks or something," Kenneth Nowalk said. "Then all the sudden I come down here to get some breakfast ... and there's a dead body laying in the store."

Police say it was a store owner protecting his property.

Many neighbors who come to the store regularly stopped to see if the owner, a man they call a friend, was okay.

"I like him and that's why I was concerned and stopped," said Aletha Allen, who comes to the store often.

"A guy tried to shoot my buddy and rob his store," Norwalk said. "I'm a neighbor here and I am very concerned about this."

Neighbors say crime has been on the rise in this area and they aren't surprised the store owner had a gun and chose to use it.

"The neighborhood has been really bad in the past months with the killing of the young man not too far from me and in my neighborhood my neighbor just got robbed," Allen said.

Neighbors are glad everyone at the store is okay, but have different feelings about the death of the robber.

"For people to come through neighborhoods and think that they are monsters and they are uncontrollable and they think they can do what they want and I think it is wrong," Norwalk said. "I think justice was served this day."

Allen said she's "feeling bad for the person who got shot and the store owner at the same time, because no one wants to see anyone dead, but at the same time no one wants to be robbed."

Copyright 2010 WTOL. All rights reserved.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Great! Another dirtbag who will never rob again.

As Uncle Ted says, "No repeat offenders, just dead offenders."
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yep. Took the words right out of my... uh, keyboard. ^^^
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Links