Guns, medical marijuana stolen from Wellington residence during home invasion

This is a discussion on Guns, medical marijuana stolen from Wellington residence during home invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The fact that they were growing marijuana aside, this story kind of hit home. I don't live very farm from there; and now I suspect ...

Thread: Guns, medical marijuana stolen from Wellington residence during home invasion

Guns, medical marijuana stolen from Wellington residence during home invasion

The fact that they were growing marijuana aside, this story kind of hit home. I don't live very farm from there; and now I suspect if there's anything else that these criminals want they may be emboldened.

Original story here: Guns, medical marijuana stolen from Wellington residence during home invasion | coloradoan.com | The Coloradoan

Larimer County authorities are investigating a home invasion near Wellington as a crime possibly linked to medical marijuana.The invasion was reported at 12:48 p.m. Friday at a home in the 600 block of E. County Road 70, or Owl Canyon Road. The invasion occurred earlier that morning.

"According to the occupants of the residence, several men dressed all in black and carrying guns broke into the home and tied up the occupants and then ransacked the home taking several items including medical marijuana and guns," said Larimer County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Eloise Campanella.

Investigators have not made an arrest, according to Campanella, who also said the victims were unable to identify the suspects.

"It appears, at this time, that the motivation for this crime was based on this residence being a medical marijuana establishment," Campanella said.
    Give us this day our daily lead...

2. Remove Ads

I don't know if its just me, but I've been noticing alot more medical marijuana related crime here in Colorado lately. With the boom in applications and dispensaries, were going to have to come up with some sort of defense against these thugs. Perhaps silent alarms, better security systems, or even more police drive-by's and such at known locations. Something is going to have to be done eventually.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson

"According to the occupants of the residence, several men dressed all in black and carrying guns broke into the home and tied up the occupants and then ransacked the home taking several items including medical marijuana and guns," said Larimer County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Eloise Campanella.
    Anyone seen the SWAT team lately?
    Or are they out getting munchies?

I smell a "Sting" coming if these type of crimes continue. Put a bunch of the MaryJane in an abandoned residence, surround it with SWAT/NATIONAL GUARD, etc. and wait for the BG's to swallow the bait.

I been seeing a lot of the people with Medical Marijuana prescriptions on a coupla TV shows I watch,they all seem to have horrible chronic pain and all seem to be under 25,with no noticeable disabilities.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links