Good (we think) - Dad defends daughter

This is a discussion on Good (we think) - Dad defends daughter within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; PD: Dad shoots man for choking daughter in Phoenix ABC15.com PHOENIX, AZ One person was shot after he was caught allegedly choking his girlfriend ...

Thread: Good (we think) - Dad defends daughter

PD: Dad shoots man for choking daughter in Phoenix ABC15.com

PHOENIX, AZ One person was shot after he was caught allegedly choking his girlfriend early Wednesday.

Crews responded to a shooting in the area of 51st Avenue and Beardsley around 1:30 a.m.

Phoenix police Lieutenant Emilien Sapon said a female was being choked by her boyfriend and the father tried to verbally get the boyfriend to stop.

When the boyfriend did not stop, the father allegedly brought out a gun and shot the boyfriend.

Sapon said the boyfriend was transported to a local hospital where he will survive and the girlfriend was not transported and is doing okay.

Police will submit the report to the county attorney's office to determine if there will be any charges.
    ===
    Other sources say the guy was shot in the leg and abdomen. So far, the dad has not been charged with anything. More here:
    Father allegedly shoots daughter's ex-boyfriend after early morning fight | Phoenix News | Arizona News | azfamily.com | Phoenix News
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

From the few details it sounds ok to me.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

The guy is lucky to be alive. If it was my daughter he would have expired at the scene.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Huh--shot in the groin!!! The father then administered first aid to the ex-boyfriend. Wonder if he had to use a tourniquet ("but officer, I thought he was bleeding out......")
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    After reading the article,what else would a father do. He tried other things before shooting the guy. They have to determine if there will be charges? Well,yeah! They need to charge the guy who was trying to strangle the daughter! What could the dad reasonably be charged with? Nothing in my opinion,if the story is as posted.

I have no sympathy for the 'woman beater'...I would have done the same thing this dad had no choice but TO DO.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

He wouldn't be around to choke anything ever again,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Family first, warned, lost, pretty simple in my book.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

"I believed with all my heart and soul that he was going to kill my daughter. This was the only way I could stop him."

Dads will be Dads. I agree that the boyfriend needs to be arrested for if not "attempted murder" then at least for "aggrivated assault" either way he should do time, where his new boyfriend can choke him for awhile.

Phoenix is turning into a cesspool. Hello, Janet?

A. They meet in bar.
    B. They get in a fight.
    C. She kicks his car.
    D. He chokes her.
    E. Dad jumps out the window and blasts away.

My neighbors don't do that.

Updated details - definitely good!

Daughter's ex-boyfriend shot by dad during assault | Phoenix News | Arizona News | azfamily.com | Phoenix News

PHOENIX -- A Valley man is in the hospital after being shot by his ex-girlfriend's father during a fight.

It happened at about 1:30 a.m. in the neighborhood of 51st Avenue and Beardsley Road. Officers were still on the scene five hours later.

Detectives said it started when Daniels Fuches, 26, and his ex-girlfriend, whose name has not been released, ran into each other at a bar earlier in the night. The two apparently had a drink and then Fuches offered the 27-year-old woman a ride home. During that ride, the two apparently got into an argument about their breakup. When the pair arrived at the house, the woman got out of Fuches' vehicle and kicked it. Police said Fuches then got out of the vehicle and started choking the woman.

The woman's father, who was inside the house at the time, heard the commotion and looked out his second-story window to see what was happening. After yelling at Fuches to stop choking his daughter, the 56-year-old man got his gun and fired a shot out the window. When that didn't stop Fuches, the man climbed out the window and jumped down the hood of his car, which was parked in the driveway.

According to police, the man approached Fuches, who was still choking the woman, and hit him with the weapon. As the attack continued, the man shot Fuches in the leg.

Police said Fuches then turned on the man, coming at him with a large rock he'd picked up from the ground. The man fired again, this time hitting Fuches in the groin.

Neighbors told 3TV that they heard screaming and a struggle followed by gunshots. That's when they called 911.

The father, who also called the police, rendered aid to Fuches until paramedics arrived. Fuches' injuries reportedly were not life threatening; he is expected to recover.

Investigators at the home said the woman suffered injuries consistent with being choked and dragged through gravel. She was treated at the scene, but was not taken to the hospital.
    The incident is under investigation.

Fuches is facing assault charges, but at this point, the woman's father has not been charged with anything. Police said it's not yet known if charges will be filed against him.

According to Arizona law (Title 13 - Criminal Code, Chapter 4), "a person is justified in threatening or using physical force against another when and to the extent a reasonable person would believe that physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful physical force." Depending on the situation, that justification can be extended to protect a third person. Investigators, however, must consider the circumstances of the individual incident to determine any such shooting was indeed justified.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

He jumped out of a second story window onto the hood of a car at 56! WOW! That would have been enough to scare off a reasonable man.

Good job on the second article for explaining the statutes. That's nice to see.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Darn shame his shot placement was off.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Sponsored Links