This guy really is like Rambo

This is a discussion on This guy really is like Rambo within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.wsbtv.com/news/9290011/detail.html Midtown Rambo; Victim Fight Backs, Kills Robber ATLANTA -- Five robbers picked the wrong victim in Midtown Atlanta last night and one of them ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This guy really is like Rambo

This guy really is like Rambo

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/9290011/detail.html

Midtown Rambo; Victim Fight Backs, Kills Robber

ATLANTA -- Five robbers picked the wrong victim in Midtown Atlanta last night and one of them paid with her life.

The victim, Thomas Autry, fought back; killing one robber and wounding another. Three other suspects are in jail.

Autry was walking to his girlfriend's home after getting off work as a waiter at Jocks and Jills.

The five suspects pulled up in a car and confronted the victim in the 500 block of Penn Street just before midnight.

Autry began running down the street yelling for help. Residents who heard him called 911. While he was running, Autry pulled a pocket knife from his backpack.

Two of the robbers jumped from the car. When one of the robbers pointed a shotgun at him, the Autry kicked it out of his hands.

At that point two of the robbers jumped on the victim. During the struggle he stabbed both of them. One, a teenaged female who was pregnant, died of her wounds. A second is in critical condition.

Police arrived on the scene and with a description of the car; they quickly arrested the three other suspects.

Thomas Autry, who is a former U.S. Marine, will not be charged since police say he was acting in self defense. Officials say Autry is extremely remorseful.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Ya mess with someone who isn't a sheep, ya get bite back.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Lead Moderator
    Just a shame the news had to sensationalize the story with the "Rambo" tag line.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    Just a shame the news had to sensationalize the story with the "Rambo" tag line.
    I think that name certainly applies to anyone who goes up against 5 attackers with a pocket knife and kicks their shotguns out of the way and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by mzmtg
    I think that name certainly applies to anyone who goes up against 5 attackers with a pocket knife and kicks their shotguns out of the way and all that...

I was just comming to post this story... I just got up..lol

Yeah, he is an inactive marine and yeah he had a "pocket knife" on him. He was attacked and RAN and was screaming for people to dial 911. He was caught, defended himself againist 5 attackers with a shotgun and a pistol, and won.

This makes him rambo????????????

I saw the story on channel 2 news, the police portrayed him as an INNOCENT victim. The news could have spun this many ways, but they chose to go this route.

Sad. Very sad.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    "....Autry is extremely remorseful". Weeeeeeell yeaaaaaahhh !! Hell,I'm remorsefull just hearing 'bout it. ------- (The practice will do me good.)

Senior Moderator
    A pregnant gal out robbing someone ?

She wasnt too smart. He did society a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Ya mess with someone who isn't a sheep, ya get bite back.
    Agreed.

Additionally, being attacked by a pregger teenage girl and killing her has got to be hard on Autry's psyche.
    Dude walking along minding his own damn business and next thing you know he's forced to make an action he'd otherwise not want any part of...killing a mother and by extension baby too all to save his own skin.

Geebus. :(

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq
    Agreed.

Additionally, being attacked by a pregger teenage girl and killing her has got to be hard on Autry's psyche.
    Dude walking along minding his own damn business and next thing you know he's forced to make an action he'd otherwise not want any part of...killing a mother and by extension baby too all to save his own skin.

Geebus. :(

- Janq

agreed.. it will be interesting to see if he faces any civil charges... the police have done their investigation and WILL NOT be charging him with ANYTHING. +1 to the APD for getting this one right

Assistant Administrator
    Strikes me he had two clear options - fight or die.

I am glad he chose the former but can understand he sure as heck gained no great pleasure from the outcome ........ at best, relief at just surviving.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    He was no doubt in survival mode. I'm sure he had no idea exactly who he was fighting, just that he was fighting for his life.

Glad to see the APD will not be bringing any criminal charges. Now the civil courts, there's a whole different ball of wax. However, sounds like this may be young guy and restaurant work doesn't pay very well. So maybe it will be hard to find a lawyer to take the case since there isn't likely to be much of a payday if any.

-Scott-

Quote Originally Posted by Bags
    agreed.. it will be interesting to see if he faces any civil charges... the police have done their investigation and WILL NOT be charging him with ANYTHING. +1 to the APD for getting this one right
    The new "stand your ground/make my day/license to murder" law shields him from civil liability as well.

Why couldn't it be Steven Segal? lol

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzmtg
    The new "stand your ground/make my day/license to murder" law shields him from civil liability as well.
    He even retreated as far as he could. I hate it for him, but am glad he took action. Hopefully he is out applying for a concealed carry permit today.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg
    He even retreated as far as he could. I hate it for him, but am glad he took action. Hopefully he is out applying for a concealed carry permit today.
    Hope so too. The pregnant girl involved in the attack sounds MS-13ish to me. Had the pleasure of dealing with some of those charming folks back up north. They take lowlife to a whole new level.

Matt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links