CWP holder Lucky to be Carrying

This is a discussion on CWP holder Lucky to be Carrying within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is not me but I thought I'd post the artical. Home invasion in Ocoee ends in fatal shooting - Orlando Sentinel Home invasion in ...

Thread: CWP holder Lucky to be Carrying

CWP holder Lucky to be Carrying

This is not me but I thought I'd post the artical.

Home invasion in Ocoee ends in fatal shooting - Orlando Sentinel

Home invasion in Ocoee ends in fatal shooting
    Police said homeowner fatally shot one of the armed attackers.
    March 16, 2010|By Walter Pacheco, Orlando Sentinel
    Police in Ocoee are investigating a home-invasion shooting Tuesday morning that ended when the homeowner fatally injured one of the armed attackers.

Hours after the shooting, a resident at the 2-story, yellow and white-trimmed house used a hose to wash the blood off the driveway.

Friends and family at the house located off a quiet Ocoee cul-de-sac did not speak to the media.

The dead man was identified as David Butler, 37, who police say had a violent criminal history, including a current warrant for his arrest in connection with a Lake County home invasion. The homeowner, Dave Walter Henry, 40, is not facing charges in the shooting.

Henry, the owner of D&H Professional Auto Body, suffered a non-life-threatening gunshot wound. His condition is not known.

Detectives with the Ocoee Police Department are searching for a second intruder who fled from the scene. Police did not identify the fatally wounded attacker or release a description of the intruder on the run.

Police Department Sgt. Mike Bryant said detectives do not know the motive behind the home invasion.

Reports from the Police Department show officers responded to a home on Pomegranate Court at 12:30 a.m. after a call about an armed robbery and shooting.

Police said Henry had returned home from his auto body shop when he noticed a suspicious vehicle in the cul-de-sac in front of his home.

Two men then walked out of the car with a firearm and tried to rob him. At some point, Henry pulled out his own weapon from the vehicle and confronted the intruders.

At least one of the suspects pistol-whipped Henry during the scuffle before they exchanged gunfire on the driveway.

"The homeowner fired three shots and at least two [shots] were fired at him," Bryant said. Police said the victim has a concealed-weapon permit.

A round struck Henry outside his home; however, he also fatally injured one of his attackers.

Dogs with the Police Department's K-9 unit searched the area for the other intruder, but were not able to locate him.

Rescue crews responded to the scene and transported Henry to Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Crews took the injured attacker to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee. He died at the hospital, records show.

"[Henry] defended himself and in this particular case, it looks like the good guy won," Bryant said.

Anyone with information about the home invasion and shooting is asked to call the Ocoee Police Department at 407-905-3160 or Crimeline at 407-423-8477.

Susan Jacobson of the Sentinel staff contributed to this report. Walter Pacheco can be reached at wpacheco@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-6262.
    YOU are the weapon, your firearm is just a tool!

2. Remove Ads

Ox
    You, in a car alone, 2 guys walk up pointing guns to you, you can only point and shoot your gun at one of them, the other will be able to fire at you...how can that be avoided? If at all.

Good story though, another good CCW fortune.
    NRA Member

Just think if he worked at a job where the employer tries to prevent you from having your weapon in your car. He'd dead.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tag View Post
    Police Department Sgt. Mike Bryant said detectives do not know the motive behind the home invasion.
    I have a good guess...

It was posted the day of the incident and is just a few news items down from this thread...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...n-orlando.html

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    It was posted the day of the incident and is just a few news items down from this thread...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...n-orlando.html

- Janq
    Well, I posted this in a different section of this forum and it was moved here so e x c u s e m e ! ! ! !
    YOU are the weapon, your firearm is just a tool!

I bet they'll find the other guy...

Good job,Dude!

Looks like Mr Pacheco and Ms. Jacobson need to take a journalism class. Or maybe a better editor.

"The dead man was identified as David Butler, 37, who police say had a violent criminal history, including a current warrant for his arrest in connection with a Lake County home invasion.""

Then later:

"Police did not identify the fatally wounded attacker or release a description of the intruder on the run."

Guess the police did not identified the fatally wounded attacker (Mr David Butler). Maybe the dead guy identified himself.

I hope all the blood comes off of the driveway.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This could've went the other way, very easily. Glad the Good Guy won. He was out-numbered and out-gunned, but had the mind-set to survive. One more dead offender...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Links