Also Not Good:Deputy wife accused of shooting HPD officer

This is a discussion on Also Not Good:Deputy wife accused of shooting HPD officer within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Deputy wife accused of shooting HPD officer By DALE LEZON HOUSTON CHRONICLE March 12, 2010, 10:18PMShare Print Share Del.icio.usDiggTwitterYahoo! BuzzFacebookStumbleUpon A Houston police officer was ...

Thread: Also Not Good:Deputy wife accused of shooting HPD officer

Deputy wife accused of shooting HPD officer
    By DALE LEZON
    HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    March 12, 2010, 10:18PMShare Print Share Del.icio.usDiggTwitterYahoo! BuzzFacebookStumbleUpon
    A Houston police officer was shot and wounded by his wife, a deputy with the Harris County Precinct 5 Constable’s Office, during an argument in Richmond, officers say.

The shooting occurred about 4 p.m. Thursday at a home in the 21600 block of Cozy Hollow Lane, said Terriann Carlson, spokeswoman for the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office.

The policeman, whose name has not been released, was wounded in the leg. No other injuries were reported.

The wife’s name also was not immediately available. She has been reassigned pending the outcome of the case, officials said.

No arrests have been made, and the case is expected to be presented to a grand jury without charges.
    dale.lezon@chron.com

Deputy wife accused of shooting Houston policeman | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Ok, now that's odd that someone was not arrested for this shooting due to just the argument portion being mentioned. It's called a domestic dispute I understand, but the shooting turns it into a different ballgame irregardless if he presses charges or not, she shot him.

This sounds and smells fishy for sure and I can't smell anything on this puter.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Any guesses as to where you or I would be if we did the same thing? Definitely NOT at work....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    That's what I was thinking here. I would be sitting in a cell pondering that argument and my use of a weapon without question.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

This definitely does not pass the 'smell' test.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

LEO's are trained to think before they pull/use a weapon. Sounds like the wife forgot this during their argument. Other than charges being filed, I would think her job would be in question after this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    LEO's are trained to think before they pull/use a weapon. Sounds like the wife forgot this during their argument. Other than charges being filed, I would think her job would be in question after this incident.
    Not defending anyone here . . . this smells badly. However, as long as Cops are recruited from the human race stuff like this will happen. Training, conditioning, common sense and self-control only go so far. Cops are no different than anyone else and should be held accountable like anyone else as well.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Sponsored Links