Ugly: "Catch and Wreck"

This is a discussion on Ugly: "Catch and Wreck" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have no understanding how a group of children could develop a mindset where this "game" is funny and acceptable. The worst part is if ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have no understanding how a group of children could develop a mindset where this "game" is funny and acceptable. The worst part is if any of the people they attacked were armed I think they would be in a heap of trouble for drawing on kids 12-15 years old.

Two attacked in Philadelphia’s violent playground ‘game’ | Philadelphia Inquirer | 03/20/2010

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Vincent Poppa, 73, remains hospitalized at Methodist Hospital a full week after he was hit in the back of the head with a gun, knocked unconscious and stomped by a group of four or five male youths near the playground around 9 p.m. March 13.
    That could turn out to be a deadly game they are playing.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

EW3
    Philadelphia is having BIG problems with all these minority youths right now, just last night there was another "flash mob" incident where thousands of these kids showed up on South Street, and caused a near-riot situation.

Same thing happened a few months back where innocent bystanders got caught up in one and were severely beaten, just for the fun of it.

They are animals, plain and simple and don't have any regard for life.

It's called "Killadelphia" for a reason.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    In the game, a group of children between the ages of nine and 15 congregating at the Finnegan Playground at 69th Street and Grovers Avenue beat, strike and stomp adults they believe may be homeless
    They are wrong to call it a "game". It is a gang assault. The perpetrators should be found, caught, and jailed. Calling it a game condones it as something kids do and makes it sound more innocent.

he was hit in the back of the head with a gun, knocked unconscious and stomped by a group of four or five male youths ...medical personnel found footprints on Poppa's head and sneaker marks on his body
    Seriously, a gun? A game? A better title would be "Violent teen gang nearly beats elderly to death"
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Many of them think that it is a game and as long as it reported as a "game" it will continue undaunted....

Isn't this the same place where the Chief of police is ticked off that his law abiding citizens are getting CHPs from Florida?
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by natticarry View Post
    I have no understanding how a group of children could develop a mindset where this "game" is funny and acceptable. The worst part is if any of the people they attacked were armed I think they would be in a heap of trouble for drawing on kids 12-15 years old.
    Drawing? Somebody is going to shoot one of them, or maybe several. Honestly, if I feel my life is threatened age is the least of my concerns. A group of people violently attacking me is going to be dealt with as a deadly threat. That's absolutely crazy. But don't worry the police will protect them. Or Florida will.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

i can see the headlines now, after one of these little animals gets shot by a ccw holder. lets hope it stops before that happens.

These "kids" consider it a game, because the JUVENILE systems fail to do anything to prevent this from re-occuring. They laugh at us around here when we tell them the will be going to Juvenile Hall. Many of them say it's better than home, so let's go.

No different than the big boy Judicial/ Prison systems.....

As far as shooting one of them or many of them...... tough call... don't really know how they are staging the attacks. It may happen. The Police may do it, and then the 'people' will get upset that these are just children. Yes they are children that think video games are real! Violence in=violence out.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Drawing? Somebody is going to shoot one of them, or maybe several. Honestly, if I feel my life is threatened age is the least of my concerns. A group of people violently attacking me is going to be dealt with as a deadly threat. That's absolutely crazy. But don't worry the police will protect them. Or Florida will.

That was kind of my point. Just drawing on these kids would get you excoriated, if you have to shoot one or several of them the consequences would be even more dire.

Ameripuss at it's best..we have lost our country!
    "Brains before Bullets"

All I can say is; once the decision was made to assault anyone, those kids instantly became little punks in my book. Personally, I'd like to see um try to do such a sick thing while I'm out and about. It'd be like a bull in a china shop, and I'd make up for what their parents obviously forgot to instill in um over the years in just a few minutes time.

Little punks grow to be big punks, better to show um the ramifications of their ways early I say.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Just wow, I would be looking for the kids who did this especially if it was family or someone I knew. I dont know how much changed from when I was younger to now but I would of never thought of going out and kicking the cr*p out of any elders unless they attacked my family.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Unfortunately this isn't just a Philadelphia problem. This is an epidemic.

There doesn't seem to be a solution that won't violate today's politically correct view of the world. After all, we sure can't blame these poor innocent children since they live in a bad environment.

All I can try to do is stay as far away from their breeding grounds as possible. Maybe if they take out the children of enough liberal politicians and community organizers we'll get some action.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Unfortunately this isn't just a Philadelphia problem. This is an epidemic.

There doesn't seem to be a solution that won't violate today's politically correct view of the world. After all, we sure can't blame these poor innocent children since they live in a bad environment.

All I can try to do is stay as far away from their breeding grounds as possible. Maybe if they take out the children of enough liberal politicians and community organizers we'll get some action.
    Honestly when I see "Bad Enviorment" I call B.S. I was a "product" (From what I have been told) a bad enviorment. and I think I could of gone a lot worst then my bad habbits (Speeding on occasions) I know people who had a better child hood then me and are in jail for dealing. I honestly think spankins should be returned. Maybe they will start learning or strickter punishments.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links