UGLY, with a GOOD ending: 3 dead, 1 critical in Clearwater

This is a discussion on UGLY, with a GOOD ending: 3 dead, 1 critical in Clearwater within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm oddly glad to see that the PCSO handled this so well. This guy is no longer on the streets, so I dont have the ...

Thread: UGLY, with a GOOD ending: 3 dead, 1 critical in Clearwater

UGLY, with a GOOD ending: 3 dead, 1 critical in Clearwater

I'm oddly glad to see that the PCSO handled this so well. This guy is no longer on the streets, so I dont have the chance of running into him.

Deputy shoots suspect of Clearwater triple shooting - Bay News 9

PINELLAS COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says a deputy shot and killed the suspect of a triple shooting that happened early Saturday morning.

Officials say the deputy shot 19-year-old Alexander Blaine Epstein at 665 Poinsettia Ave. in Clearwater Beach.

Investigators say Epstein was responsible for a late-night party shooting that left two people dead and a third critically injured.

According to officials, deputies received tips leading them to the residence on Poinsettia Avenue. They staked out the residence at around 11 a.m.

At about 4:20 p.m., Epstein reportedly left the house and walked toward a deputy. Investigators say Epstein attempted to pull out a weapon.

When the deputy challenged him, Epstein did not surrender, so the deputy fired a shot.
    More Informtion

Epstein then reportedly staggered back toward the residence with his weapon still out. When another deputy challenged him, the suspect still did not put down his weapon, so the deputy shot him, this time killing him.

Deputies say Epstein had an extensive criminal record including child abuse, robbery, theft and carrying a concealed weapon.

Right before the deputy shot the suspect, a resident of the area, Ben Hessel, said he saw a tan SUV drive across his front lawn. Then he heard six shots fired, and when he looked out his window, he saw a body lying in a parking lot nearby.

The triple shooting happened Saturday around 2:20 a.m. in the 2200 block of Curtis Drive in Clearwater.

According to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, two male suspects, including Epstein, arrived at the home looking for someone who was not at the location.

An altercation allegedly began between the suspects and another person at the party.

Detectives say shooting followed the argument, with three people being hit by gunfire.

According to reports, 20-year-old Benjamin Andrew Kubes of Clearwater was pronounced dead at the scene.

Ibrahim Sorie Kamara, 22, and Dennis Alphonse Miyawa, 20, were transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Investigators say Kamara was pronounced dead at the hospital.

The initial altercation was over a woman, officials say

http://www.baynews9.com/VideoPlayer/...r_Shooting_320
    http://www.baynews9.com/VideoPlayer/...ng_Suspect_320
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

2. Remove Ads

Too bad others had to die, Epstein would have been enough.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    []
    Another
    extensive criminal record including child abuse, robbery, theft and carrying a concealed weapon [by a felon I assume]
    allowed to continue to prey.
    [\]
    Last edited by DaveH; March 21st, 2010 at 04:11 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Too bad others had to die before the BG bought the farm.

How many victims before we finally have a dead offender? If he was convicted of child abuse, how come he never saw the light of day?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Links