Another Fake LEO Home Invasion

Another Fake LEO Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Another Fake LEO Home Invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sacramento area Fake Cops Involved In Home Invasion Arrested - Elk Grove - KTXL Fake Cops Involved In Home Invasion Robbery Arrested ELK GROVE - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Thumbs down Another Fake LEO Home Invasion

Sacramento area

Fake Cops Involved In Home Invasion Arrested - Elk Grove - KTXL

Fake Cops Involved In Home Invasion Robbery Arrested

ELK GROVE - Men posing as fake cops that were involved in a home invasion robbery have been arrested.

Elk Grove Police have arrested three men, two of which were posing as law enforcement officers that robbed a home on the 4800 block of Roselin Way, in Elk Grove early Friday morning at 1am.

Elk Grove Police Sgt. James Fuller said, two of the suspects were dressed in law enforcement style clothing and identified themselves as officers at the front door of the home and bullied their way inside. At gunpoint the suspects handcuffed the residents and ransacked their home. The suspects fled in the family's truck. Fuller said, the family was shook up, but wasn't injured.

Police first arrested a parolee Friday afternoon, Richford Caguiat a 26-year-old from Elk Grove, who police believe was entrusted to hold onto the stolen property and that he was aware of the two suspects posing as cops in the home invasion robbery, Fuller said.

Further investigation lead police to serve search warrants on two homes Friday night on Moonlight Way and Travo Way, in Elk Grove. As officers were serving the warrants, the suspects who were posing as cops, Christopher Pascua and Richard Douglas, both 25-years-old from Elk Grove, tried driving out of the area. Police pulled them over and arrested them without incident, Fuller said.

When searching the suspects residences, authorities found numerous firearms, ballistic vests, handheld radios, handcuffs, a "US Marshall" hat and property that belonged to the home invasion victims, according to police.

All three suspects were booked into Sacramento County Jail and face charges of; robbery, carjacking, kidnapping, and impersonating a Peace Officer and conspiracy. Police are investigating why this family was specifically targeted.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Ox
    "Police are investigating why this family was specifically targeted."

Probably just a random fluke.

...I hate stories on fake LEO, it's a tough thing sometimes on what you should do.
    NRA Member

I hope these guys are shown no mercy.

Actions like this will end up getting real LEOs killed.

Judges on the most part do not appreciate BG's misrepresenting themselves as LEO's. I think they will be going to camp for a long time. Mayby they can improve their LEO impersonations while there.

No mercy!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

We just had another on in Arlington, TX recently. A person saying they were Police and looking for a suspect, once let in he raped the lady.

Why don't people simply call 911 to verify if there is really a LEO knocking at their door, BEFORE opening it up?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Scary
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Why don't people simply call 911 to verify if there is really a LEO knocking at their door, BEFORE opening it up?
    Because a badge tends to inspire a sense of urgent compliance in most law-abiding folks. Criminals who pose as LE know this, and bank on it.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    We just had another on in Arlington, TX recently. A person saying they were Police and looking for a suspect, once let in he raped the lady.

Because they are trained to trust someone in a uniform, it's taught to us from early childhood (school) that the Police are our friends, trust them, we just don't see them any other way, so when someone uses that authority figure (uniform) to break the law, we don't hesitate to show that trust.

Some of us have learned not to trust through training or experience.

That's how I see it at least.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Judges on the most part do not appreciate BG's misrepresenting themselves as LEO's. I think they will be going to camp for a long time. Mayby they can improve their LEO impersonations while there.

Hopefully they will be...yelling, "Stop, Stop, Stop"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

These guy shouldn't see the light of day for 50 years.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Because they are trained to trust someone in a uniform, it's taught to us from early childhood (school) that the Police are our friends, trust them, we just don't see them any other way, so when someone uses that authority figure (uniform) to break the law, we don't hesitate to show that trust.

Some of us have learned not to trust through training or experience
    Bingo. ^^

No to mention that talking to cop through a closed door is _NOT_ against any law.
    You are not obliged to open your door to anyone be it Joe Blow or Patrolman Joe Blow, if they do not have a warrant in hand.

Why folk open their doors to just about any unexpected person I do not understand.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Hmmm... They were posing as fake cops. That must take some kind of talent, I don't care who you are.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Hmmm... They were posing as fake cops. That must take some kind of talent, I don't care who you are.
    Due to many Agencies like DEA ,ATF, US Marshalls,serving warrants and chasing fugitives,all while wearing cargo pants and vests with POLICE,FEDERAL AGENT,etc. Anybody can look like them and flash a badge,most people don't think a BG would target their home so they must be Police .Down here by the Border we got more Alphabet Cops than you can shake a Pinata stick at
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Local flea market (Same area as dukalmighty) you can buy an FBI, CIA, DEA caps at 3 for 10 bucks. Not too bad picked up a Cowboys and 2 with skulls.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Fake Cops

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I get it!!!
    I do everything the voices in my wife's head tell me to do!

Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links