Fort Worth Store Clerk Complied & Still Fatally Shot

This is a discussion on Fort Worth Store Clerk Complied & Still Fatally Shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Happened this morning at 6:15. A bread delivery driver who happened to be in the store stocking shelves at the time was also shot, critical ...

Thread: Fort Worth Store Clerk Complied & Still Fatally Shot

Fort Worth Store Clerk Complied & Still Fatally Shot

Happened this morning at 6:15. A bread delivery driver who happened to be in the store stocking shelves at the time was also shot, critical condition.

Slain Fort Worth clerk was saving for college | Dallas - Fort Worth News | wfaa.com | Crime

Very sad! Young man doing the right thing, working to pay his way through college to better his life, the other also just doing his job to make a buck, & the scum are left breathing to slither away into the dark. I hope their arrests are swift & result in body bag rides directly to the Coroner's office. Bypass booking, jail, public defenders, court rooms, & 20 years on death row.

Condolences to family & friends of both, & prayers that the delivery driver eventually makes a full recovery.

FORT WORTH A $10,000 reward was posted for information about two gunmen wanted in a robbery attempt at a gasoline station that left a clerk dead and a delivery driver wounded.

The shootings took place around dawn Tuesday at the Valero station in the 4100 block of Mansfield Highway near Forest Hill.

Fort Worth Police Chief Jeff Halstead said two men fatally shot the store clerk, identified as 22-year-old Daniel Rojas, shortly after he opened the convenience store. They also shot a delivery driver, who was struck in the head and left critically injured.

Halstead offered details Tuesday to the Fort Worth City Council. Further details on the fugitives were not immediately available.

Fort Worth police are reviewing two sources of surveillance video, both rolling at the time of the crime. They are hoping that will give them a better look at the two masked gunmen when they burst into the store.

"They should not have taken his life the way they did," said Rosa Rojas, the clerk's grieving mother, speaking through a translator. "He was a good person, and he didn't deserve what they did to him."

Rosa Rojas said her son, the youngest of four, was the kind of person who would give the shirt off his back. Daniel Rojas had dropped out of community college and was working to save money so he could continue his education

Witness Victor Harris, who pulled up at the convenience store for his daily cup of coffee on Tuesday, came face-to-face with the two gunmen.

"The other guy came out with a gun pointing at me. So when I saw him, I just turned, and grabbed cover," he said.

Harris said the clerk, who was killed, had become a good friend. "I am sad to hear what happened to him," Harris said.

"Whatever I say, it's not enough to bring my son back," Rosa Rojas said.

Police said the delivery driver, who transports Mrs. Baird's Bread, was in critical condition.

Schepps Dairy offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and indictment of the suspects. Call Fort Worth homicide detectives at 817-392-4330 if you have any information.

This isn't the first time gunmen have targeted this Valero station.

"I only worked there 12 days and two men came in and robbed the store and shot me," said Carleen Flanagan, a former employee.

Flanagan said she was wounded so badly back in 1991, she needed a hip replacement and hasn't been able to work a day since.

Police are looking into whether one man who ran out with gasoline in his hand had poured it all over the store with the intent of setting it on fire.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

2. Remove Ads

Well, this just happened in Kansas City! Thankfully they got the shooter within a week. However, the shooter in KC was not smart enough to wear a mask. They got good full face pictures of him on the surveillance camera.

The young man in KC who was killed was working his very last shift at the convenience store. He was scheduled to start work at a local hospital the following week. He complied fully too. Video showed him handing over the money with no resistance what so ever!

I hope these guys are caught pronto. Or even better would be killed in their next adventure.

We are living in dark times and things are gonna get way, way worse before they get better!

Stay armed and be alert!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links