Rep. Cantors Campaign Office Hit

This is a discussion on Rep. Cantors Campaign Office Hit within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And now it begins. FOXNews.com - Cantor Says Campaign Office Was Shot At, Accuses Dems of Exploiting Threats...

Thread: Rep. Cantors Campaign Office Hit

Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Heard that but the local news in Charlottesville is about Periello's brother's home. The initial report was a gas line to the home had been cut. Turns out it was a gas line from a propane tank to his BBQ grill. How can those who supported bad behavior when one person is in office cry now that that same behavior is directed at them while another person is in office? I don't condone such behavior but when it is supported by one group that group has no reason to complain when they are finally experiencing what they supported.

People need to get a grip! This is America not Iraq. We should be above resorting to political violence no matter what your political affiliation. Gun shots, death threats, bricks, spitting? Really?

We are a democracy. Every single legislator in Washington is there because they won a majority of the vote in their districts. If people are upset, if people want them out, go and vote. That's what democracy and, dare I say, our constitution is all about: we govern by representative majority here.

I tell you this just makes me sick!

We are a democracy. Every single legislator in Washington is there because they won a majority of the vote in their districts. If people are upset, if people want them out, go and vote. That's what democracy and, dare I say, our constitution is all about: we govern by representative majority here.

+1

Any gunowner who fails to condemn such actions against elected
    representatives is guilty of condoning those actions. God forbid that some nutcase were to make good on a threat to kill a member of the US congress; we would see more gun control than we ever dreamed of.

Let's hope cooler heads prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    +1

Any gunowner who fails to condemn such actions against elected
    representatives is guilty of condoning those actions. God forbid that some nutcase were to make good on a threat to kill a member of the US congress; we would see more gun control than we ever dreamed of.
    Yeap, I was thinking the same thing. If this were to happen then "Welcome to England" ol chap.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Administrator
    Since when is saying that you hope some person dies of Cancer equal to a "death threat" -

I'm just sayin'....unless you plan on kidnapping the person and forcing them to smoke pack after pack of cigarettes for 20 years.

How do you cause the death of somebody by hoping they get Cancer? VooDoo maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Since when is saying that you hope some person dies of Cancer equal to a "death threat" -

I'm just sayin'....unless you plan on kidnapping the person and forcing them to smoke pack after pack of cigarettes for 20 years.

How do you cause the death of somebody by hoping they get Cancer? VooDoo maybe?
    Folks have said more than "I hope you die". They have said things like "watch your back" or "we're coming for you." Those are threats. An incident surfaced today where someone sent an envelope filled with powder along with a death threat to a lawmaker's office.

Sorry, but you cannot deny that death threats are being made.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DZcarry View Post
    People need to get a grip! This is America not Iraq. We should be above resorting to political violence no matter what your political affiliation. Gun shots, death threats, bricks, spitting? Really?

I tell you this just makes me sick!
    A Democracy? I don't want to live in a Democracy
    YouTube - The American Form of Government
    make mine a Republic, please.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    A Democracy? I don't want to live in a Democracy
    YouTube - The American Form of Government
    make mine a Republic, please.
    A republic is a form of representative democracy. There are two main forms of democracy: representative and direct. What you "don't want to live in" is a direct democracy. Good news, you don't.

Don't take my word for it. Look up the definitions (as opposed to YouTube videos) yourself...
    Last edited by DZcarry; March 25th, 2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Clarification

Administrator
    I believe that the majority of this recent garbage is totally fabricated by the radical left.
    Plus...there are just as many of the lib left that are upset with congress regarding what provisions they wanted that are not included in the health care legislation.
    So...who made the phone calls?

Factor in that historically 95% of all political "violence" has either been perpetrated by the radical left or fabricated by them.
    It's right out of their commie playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by DZcarry View Post
    Folks have said more than "I hope you die". They have said things like "watch your back" or "we're coming for you." Those are threats. An incident surfaced today where someone sent an envelope filled with powder along with a death threat to a lawmaker's office.

Sorry, but you cannot deny that death threats are being made.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I believe that the majority of this recent garbage is totally fabricated by the radical left.
    1. I don't know of any current political figure, media talking head, or "liberal" who is anywhere near being a "radical" of the sort your refer to (totalitarian, fascist, etc).

2. What do you mean by fabrication? Taped telephone calls have been released. Video of first responders on location have been released. First responders have given statements confirming that incidences are taking place and investigations are underway. Republicans who are also coming under fire have releasing recorded evidence as well.

Please spare me the conspiracy theory.

Furthermore, seeing things in terms of left versus right gets us no where. The majority of political opinion hovers around the center of the scale anyway. Furthermore, those who are "ideologically" on the right have also advocated forms of government that are seen as "radical left". One of the most prominent conservatives in this country along with his daughter has publicly advocated some the most "far left" totalitarian and fascist ideology I've heard in recent years. Namely he and his daughter openly advocate for the suspension/suppression of a citizen's natural and constitutional rights in the name of intelligence gathering/national security.

Shiver me timbers! Sounds like the first steps to becoming a police state to me...
    Last edited by DZcarry; March 26th, 2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Elaboration

VIP Member

Oh really, where'd you get that from?

Factor in that historically 95% of all political "violence" has either been perpetrated by the radical left or fabricated by them.
    It's right out of their commie playbook.
    Oh really? Where'd you get that idea or piece of "data" from?

Certainly in the post WWII era of the US this is NOT true.

But it doesn't matter really. Political violence is wrong. Incitement to violence is wrong. Encouraging violence for political purposes is wrong. Even justifying extraordinarily rude comments that someone should die of cancer is wrong. These are all expressions of an irrational anger and hatred that pervades some portion of our population, but which is not justified by the reality of our country's nature.

As I suggested in another thread, those who insist that they are fighting "tyranny" are doing nothing of the sort. They are promoting anarchy.

Governors meet and communicate with each other, and could if they thought they had legitimate complaints, act in concert to bring about change. They have control (through their state legislatures) of a constitutional mechanism to re-write portions of our constitution or the entirety of it. That they do not do so puts the lie to all the rhetorical complaints emanating from the mouths of governors who enjoy demagoguery more than governance.

Oh, some here should stop yelling about commie playbooks and nazi tyranny. The world has changed. Marx is long dead. Stalin is long dead. Khruschev is long dead. The "evil empire" is gone. The fascists of Europe effectively vanquished to the point where they can't even pop their heads up.

Throwing names around and likening other's beliefs to a "commie playbook" or to "nazi-Germany" is bizarre. We aren't in those times and we don't live in any type of tyranny--nor are we even the tiniest bit close. You want proof. No one dragged you out of your house for any of your postings here. You are still free (within Bumper's limitations) to say what you want without fear.
    That doesn't sound like tyranny to me.

Links