BAD: Estimated 100 Guns Stolen from Lynnwood Gun, (WA)

This is a discussion on BAD: Estimated 100 Guns Stolen from Lynnwood Gun, (WA) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've been in this shop a few times. Eclectic little place. I cannot fathom him not having a surveillance system. Police: 100 guns stolen from ...

Thread: BAD: Estimated 100 Guns Stolen from Lynnwood Gun, (WA)

Exclamation BAD: Estimated 100 Guns Stolen from Lynnwood Gun, (WA)

I've been in this shop a few times. Eclectic little place.
    I cannot fathom him not having a surveillance system.

Police: 100 guns stolen from store

Lynnwood Police say an estimated 100 handguns, mostly semi-automatics, were stolen from displays inside the Lynnwood Gun and Ammunition store in the 20800 block of Highway 99.

Police responded to the scene around noon on Friday. They believe the crime happened sometime overnight.

Investigators now believe the thief tunneled through the floor of the store to get inside. Torn insulation and busted wood panels are the clues they have. They are very concerned about the theft.

"Any time weapons of any amount are stolen, it's a concern for police and the public," LPD spokesperson Shannon Sessions says.

The owner is currently conducting an inventory of his store. Crime scene technicians and detectives are collecting evidence. But the store has no surveillance cameras, making the investigation that much harder.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

2. Remove Ads

No cameras? Wow. Bet the insurance check gets him some surveillance and better security.

Hope they catch the dirtbags and recover the weapons before somebody gets killed with one of them.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

I've heard of people going in through the ceiling to get past door and window alarms,but I think this is the first floor job.Whoever did it ain't no amateur and has been in the store to scout it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Most small gunstore owners lock all or most of their guns in the vault at night. Given the fact that there was no security cameras, there was probably no vault either.

Sadly, most of those guns were probably on the street within hours of the robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    I've been in this shop a few times. Eclectic little place.
    I cannot fathom him not having a surveillance system.

Police: 100 guns stolen from store

Lynnwood Police say an estimated 100 handguns, mostly semi-automatics, were stolen from displays inside the Lynnwood Gun and Ammunition store in the 20800 block of Highway 99.

Police responded to the scene around noon on Friday. They believe the crime happened sometime overnight.

Investigators now believe the thief tunneled through the floor of the store to get inside. Torn insulation and busted wood panels are the clues they have. They are very concerned about the theft.

"Any time weapons of any amount are stolen, it's a concern for police and the public," LPD spokesperson Shannon Sessions says.

The owner is currently conducting an inventory of his store. Crime scene technicians and detectives are collecting evidence. But the store has no surveillance cameras, making the investigation that much harder.

Clues, did someone say, "Clues?"...Mmmmm...
    Sounds like the bumbling French police detective Jacques Clouseau helped investigate this one...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This happened at Brightwater Ventures down here in the Vancouver area a little over a year ago, ended up getting all but 2 back (over 100 stolen), turned out to be a couple punk kids from Portland. I'm glad he got em back, it's a great little shop.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    It is worthwhile noting that these firearms are now most certainly in the hands of felons and that 50 years of gun control did NOTHING to prevent them from obtaining, selling, or using them.

Gun control at its finest.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Links